Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 5:52:06 AM EDT
I bought one of those airboren paratrooper type Romanian underfolder kits from Copes Distributing. The kind that the wooden vertical grip goes backwards, not forwards like all the other Romy types.

I need a quality UnderFolder Receiver for it.

Who has em?
Brand?
Cost?
Availability?

Thanks in Advance.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:19:02 AM EDT
[#1]
There is no dedicated receiver yet available for the Romanian UF kit. We are starting to work up plans to offer such a dedicated receiver. This will probably be available in May.
The hole locations for the rear block are unique to this model. The hole pattern is different from that seen on the Polish UF rear block or the Yugo M92 rear block.

Thanks.
Harlan
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:20:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you just looking for an inexpensive receiver and you are going to drill the holes for the underfolder, I believe that is what most recommend otherwise the underfolder receiver block may be mislocated causing the receiver cover to be to far back on some builds?  If so, Inrange is using the NoDakSpud economy receiver for the SA85 full stock rifles so he must believe they are quality for an inexpensive receiver.  They don't have the step down top rail and the trigger pin hole appears to be elongated like in the Generation I Ewbanks receivers.

DPHarms used to carry Ewbanks receivers for underfolders but haven't seen him carrying them in awhile.

For a quality receiver you can get the Global Trades/Armory USA receiver, I thought they had them drilled for underfolders but their outdated website doesn't show them that way, Vector uses these for their builds.  You could ask Jimmy Streetman on the Global Trades forum at gunsnet or warrifles.com. Usually a backlog.

Best bet is most likely a receiver without trunnion holes drilled so it can be drilled to match up right.  Global Trades.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:39:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Never mind, I can read...
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:58:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks MAK!

Global Trades is what I'm hearing elsewhere as well.

Any clue who could put this beast together well for me?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#5]
There is no universal UF receiver. If you have a receiver with holes to fit a Polish UF rear block, the Romanian rear block will not match the receiver holes.

Thanks.
Harlan
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:35:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Best bet is most likely a receiver without trunnion holes drilled so it can be drilled to match up right.

Its either this or use a standard receiver and fill in the existing rear rivet holes and drill all new ones. As Harlan already mentioned twice, you can not use a standard underfolder receiver. The Romanian rear end has a different pattern.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Best bet is most likely a receiver without trunnion holes drilled so it can be drilled to match up right.

Its either this or use a standard receiver and fill in the existing rear rivet holes and drill all new ones. As Harlan already mentioned twice, you can not use a standard underfolder receiver. The Romanian rear end has a different pattern.

That's what I was getting at, most people recommend not getting a predrilled receiver for any underfolder build anyway no matter the parts set.  Above is a picture of a Global Trades receiver I used on a build.  I believe that is what you need.  Ewbanks also has a receiver with no holes drilled and the stepped down rails, but they may have issues and some of the professional builders do not want to build on them.

Except for the dimples, the Global Trades receiver is about the only one available that will give you a quality rifle with no issues.  Here are some builders so you can check out different websites for pricing.

mcarms.com

AK-USA
AZ Expert Arms
Piece of History Firearms
Red Stick Firearms
Coyote Gulch Armory
Global Military Gunsmithing
Sledgehammer Arms
Investment Grade Firearms

AK builders website links

ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=84186
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#8]
mcarms.com looks perfect for my Romy's....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top