Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/21/2006 7:41:01 PM EDT
Hi All,

This would be for an Arsenal SAM-5. Have not played with any AKs using the Red Star Arms trigger group or the tapco G2 trigger group, but hear good things. Would either of them be an improvement over the stock Arsenal trigger group? NOTE: new trigger group must be as or more reliable and durable than the stock arsenal group. Thanks!

Tapco G2:
http://www.redstararms.com/944.htm

Red Star Arms FCG:
http://www.redstararms.com/488.htm
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a RSA fcg break on me during firing.  The disconnector I think.  I heard that they have fixed this issue.  Other than that, it was a sweet trigger...

ETA:  My G2's run great...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:52:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I just replaced the trigger in my Arsenal SLR-95 with the RSA fcg...it took a couple of hours to adjust all the screws to my satisfaction, then I had to file the safety to fit..but that trigger ROCKS!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:56:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:06:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got both. If you like to tweak things then the RSA's adjustability will appeal to you. The G2 is excellent, right out of the pack. Both good choices - price would be the deciding factor for me. Don't know about the stock Armory triggers.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#5]
If you decide to change out the FCG, And want to sell the factory set please let me know. I have the factory set in my sam-5 and sam-7 and I think it's the best FCG on the market.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:32:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I have both and would recommend either.  Depends on how much you want to spend and the amount of control you seek with the ability to adjust your trigger.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:05:46 AM EDT
[#7]
You get what you pay for.

The G2 is a bulletproof trigger set, but the feel is so-so at best. Tapco didn't do the the design any favors by modifying it to include the pin sleeve. The G2 will never be more than a good service grade trigger, no matter how much break in or polish you put on it. The G2 might be an upgrade to the stock Arsenal trigger, but it isn't much of one. I have quite a few G2s and like them for 922r parts in homebuilds, that is what they are excellant for IMO .

The RedStar is a very nice trigger and has a good service-match feel. I broke a couple disconnectors on the original versions, but I shoot alot of rounds. Supposedly the issue is fixed. I still put a RedStar trigger in all my rifles that see much range time. I've got about 5-6 RedStars currently, including one in my SAM-5. The SAM-5 really begs for a RedStar because it is such a pleasant & accurate range rifle and the stock Arsenal trigger is so iffy.

My vote would be to put a RedStar in ASAP. That's what I did on my SAM-5.

s & p
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#8]
ttt
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:34:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you decide to change out the FCG, And want to sell the factory set please let me know. I have the factory set in my sam-5 and sam-7 and I think it's the best FCG on the market.

Believe it or not, mine has a little slap.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top