Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/21/2006 5:17:15 PM EDT
I got my parts kit yesterday with a romanian bayonet.  I pressed the button in on it to release it after mounting it, and it is stuck now.  The button is stuck down.  Right now I have been soaking it for the last 24 hours in WD40 but it is still just as stuck as it was yesterday.  Any idea how to get this thing to unstick?  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Try spray with gunscrubber or brake cleaner as it may have cosmoline in it making the internals stick.  Poor boiling water over it, that will loosen any gunk in there, it will also heat up/expand the parts and may allow you to get the button working.  Use a different lubricant such as Kroil, remoil, liquid wrench, etc and see if the lube will get in there and loosen it up after cleaning.

This is off the barrel, right?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#2]
yes, it is off the barrel.  it is stuck so that I can mount it but it cannot lock onto the lug.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:06:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought one that was like this, with the button stuck down.  

My button was binding on the bakelite 'sleeve' built into the handle, the one that the button rides in.  I used a utility knife to carefully carve a bit of plastic off the 'sleeve', thereby giving the button more clearance.  Once I had removed some plastic, I wacked it a couple times and the button popped out and hasn't gotten stuck since.

take care,
Tec
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top