Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/21/2006 12:27:20 PM EDT
Thanks for looking guys,
I picked up a WASR .22 trainer (nib) in a trade and being my first stamped rifle I have a few questions.

1. First cleaning. do they use cosmalene for packing? if not what should I use to clean it?
2. How do you you pronounce (pre-"nauns) WASR?
3. Can a new butstock and grip be installed in place of the thumbhole stock? (hand guard also)
4. What kind of 50yard accuracy can my son expect?

Thanks again,
Shooterer
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Any of you commies wanna' answer his questions?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Hello.....Any one?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not familiar with the 22lr
I use brake cleaner to clean my AKs

It's said as      ( Waa  Sir)WASR

Try asking herewww.akforum.net/
they are a pretty knowlegdable group.

Where in WI are you?

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:49:18 PM EDT
[#4]
The thumbhole stock can be replaced. To keep everything legal, however, you'll need to replace more parts with U.S. made parts to remove the "imported" status it now has. I'm not familiar with U.S. made parts for the .22LR WASR so you might be stuck there. The relevant ATF rules are under sections 922r and 925d3. You can write the ATF for a letter clarifying your particular situation. You might also check with one of the importers of those guns regarding wether they have already been "americanized" to be brought in already. If so, then you can replace the stock with any U.S. made set-up.  Anyone else?
Josh
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:29:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Where in WI are you?

West of Milw.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where in WI are you?

West of Milw.

I'm in the Oconomowoc area.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top