Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/19/2006 7:13:09 AM EDT
Has anyone tried the universal double hook trigger, made by tapco?
I know that blackjack buffers has them on their website, and as the ad states this fcg has been specifically modified for ak-47's that would normally only take a single hook trigger?
Any good as far as quality, and performance over a single hook G2?
http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=472
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#1]
$50 is a lot of $ for a Tapco G2. I have them listed on my site www.MidwestArmory.com for $35 and Im guessing my shipping is a little cheaper as well. Ive used both singles & doubles and never noticed much difference some do prefer doubles though. If you are wanting a double hook and your receiver is only cut for a single hook the best way to do it is to just cut another notch. Im not sure what blackjack does but I wouldnt pay the extra $ for it.

ETA If your not sure how to modify a single hook receiver to a double hook the pic below may help

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks,
     For the linkheWill probably be ordering from you in a couple days. (Single hook).
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#3]
They must of modified the double hook somehow so it will work in a single hook receiver. Im sure its something that could be done on your own but I would prefer to either stick with a single hook or mod the receiver for a double.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:50:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I got one from Blackjack and like it. It did cost more than the single hook. The feel is different from the single hook version I have. After polishing it it did feel smoother than the single hook set I have. You could make the modification yourself by buying a double hook version and grinding down the edge on the side that is not notched in your receiver. It was  worth it to me to have Blackjack do it.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:07:04 PM EDT
[#5]
all that would probably have to be done is cut a corner off part that goes in the second reciever notch

also, i imagine if cut right you could make it function as an overtravel stop as well
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:45:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Just get either a single hook and drop it in, or get the double hook and file a little notch as indicated in your receiver.  Both types of G2s work great, and thedukeryan has the best prices going.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top