Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/19/2006 7:09:59 AM EDT
I have $650 to spend and trying to decide between the RPK-74 used kit from ORF or should I get one of the old school Romanian RPKs from Copes? I thought about trying to find a Yugo kit but so far my experience with Yugo parts kits has been pretty bad.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:29:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:26:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'd go 74.

+1 I would go with a wood kit tho.  You can always refinish wood not the plastic....

HK
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:12:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:38:43 AM EDT
[#4]
+1
What Madman Kirk said.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:00:02 AM EDT
[#5]
74 sure is sexy as fuck but ammo supply may be better for a 762 RPK.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:27:26 AM EDT
[#6]
What is the difference between the $1600 RPK-74 kits from Centerfire Systems Ohio Rapid Fire and the $699 kits from KVAR besides around $900.

AC
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#7]
^^^^^
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I didn't even know Centerfire had RPK-74 Kits.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn, I meant the $1600 ORF ( not Centerfire ) kits...

AC
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:49:57 PM EDT
[#10]
K-var kits are incomplete...ORF has used kits for 550-650
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#11]
YUGO

Best Deal Around.

CopesDistributing
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:14:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
YUGO

Best Deal Around.

CopesDistributing

Copes is no longer listing any Yugo AK or RPK parts kits for sale.
Do you know of another offer?

Thanks.
Harlan
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:56:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
YUGO

Best Deal Around.

CopesDistributing

Copes is no longer listing any Yugo AK or RPK parts kits for sale.
Do you know of another offer?

Thanks.
Harlan

Fuck. I'd planned on going that route..........sigh.

You in MN? I'm from Little Canada/St. Paul.......cool
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I decided to go with a Romy kit from Copes. I have one question, Does the RPK have the same length gas piston as a regular AK? I usually use that as one of my compliance parts.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:24:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I decided to go with a Romy kit from Copes. I have one question, Does the RPK have the same length gas piston as a regular AK? I usually use that as one of my compliance parts.

Look to posts above yours.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:30:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:57:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey guys,
I hate to jump in here since I'm new to the board, and look like I'm trying to advertise.  But... I still have a couple Yugo RPK Kits with good bores left.  Feel free to email me if you want to see pictures of the kits.  www.armsofamerica.com
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:49:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Hey guys,
I hate to jump in here since I'm new to the board, and look like I'm trying to advertise.  But... I still have a couple Yugo RPK Kits with good bores left.  Feel free to email me if you want to see pictures of the kits.  www.armsofamerica.com

I got a question for you HKUSP101. Why can't you ship highcap mags to NY if they are preban?

HK
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:02:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Henry,
I checked back into the laws for you and saw in the State Laws and Published Ordinances - Firearms 2005 26th Edition, pg.305 Under "Ammunition-Feeding Device - Magazines, belts, feedstrips, drums or clips capable of being attached to or utilized with any center-fire rifle, shotgun or pistol which employs the force of the expanding gases from a discharging cartridge to chamber a fresh round after each single pull of the trigger which, in the case of a rifle or shotgun, holds in excess of five cartridges, or in the case of a pistol holds in excess of 17 cartridges."
I also noticed that some other major websites refuse to ship mags to NY.  As a new FFL we are being extra cautious when it comes to state laws, if we find information that contradicts this we would be glad to update our website.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:41:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Henry,
I checked back into the laws for you and saw in the State Laws and Published Ordinances - Firearms 2005 26th Edition, pg.305 Under "Ammunition-Feeding Device - Magazines, belts, feedstrips, drums or clips capable of being attached to or utilized with any center-fire rifle, shotgun or pistol which employs the force of the expanding gases from a discharging cartridge to chamber a fresh round after each single pull of the trigger which, in the case of a rifle or shotgun, holds in excess of five cartridges, or in the case of a pistol holds in excess of 17 cartridges."
I also noticed that some other major websites refuse to ship mags to NY.  As a new FFL we are being extra cautious when it comes to state laws, if we find information that contradicts this we would be glad to update our website.

Mike

How about some pictures of the milled bulgies and poles.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#21]
how is the quality of the Romie kits? Ever since certain WASR experiences I have been paranoid of anything Romanian.....though I guess WASRs probably have issues because of who put them together, not the parts.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:14:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Henry,

Mike

Yea, There is nothing yet in place except a mirror of the pervious 94 ban. The only thing I can think of is NYC has a ban on basically on any high cap sporting rifle or any rifle as it is. I suspect that alot of distributors have stopped selling mags for fear of reprisals from our lovely asshat state attorney general Elliot Spitzer.  

thanks
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top