Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 4:58:47 AM EDT
Here is a heads up for those of you who buy Park Kits to do their guns.  I ordered a Large Black Manganese kit from Calvan.Com back on March2nd and still have not received it yet.  Emails go unanswered.  I called them and talked to some A$$hole who was about as rude as they come.  Told me the kit was shipped on March 9th.  WOW it took 7 days to ship the kit.  Now it is the 17th and no product.  Complaining aside DO NOT order from these idiots.  Looks like I have to make up my own park kit.  Should have done from the start.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:10:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
bummer

The long tanks are the hard part to get best deals on, and welding stainless is not a job for rookies with this material.

I have the tanks, just need the stuff.  I have been reading about the park process.  A chemist I am not.  Trial and error is the way to go.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I got the hint before ordering. They do not answer any emails with tech questions etc. Where to go next for reputable supplier of chems? Here is a website for you:http://www.parkerizingtanks.com/

Still checking them out........................ good info.

Best guess is to go with the established companies like Brownells:http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=1110&title=MANGANESE+PARKERIZING+SOLUTION+%26+KIT
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I finally got the kit,  only took 22 days.  I would say STEAR CLEAR OF THESE ASSHOLES.  Customer service is non existant.  I had to file a complaint with my CC company to get them off of their asses.  I am afraid to used the product.  If it is as good as their customer service it will ruin my gun.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top