Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/16/2006 10:25:33 AM EDT
I just received a Romanian AK-22 from Centerfire.  It's kind of interesting compared to other AK variants.

The firing pin is long and loose in the bolt.  There is a hole where it looks like a retaining pin should go, with a corresponding notch in the firing pin.  The firing pin slides back so far it is in danger of being bent by the hammer with out the retaining pin.

A tiny roll pin would be best, but all I had was a selection of cotter pins, so modified one to work.  I will test fire it Saturday.

That thumbhole stock HAS to go...

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:15:49 PM EDT
[#1]
What does the mag look like? How much are they? Do the German 22 AK mags work with this gun?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#2]
It came with 2 ten round mags.  They look like AK ten round mags, but made of plastic with the .22 mag as an insert.  

I don't know what all mags work with it yet.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:31:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top