Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/13/2006 5:31:55 PM EDT
I just installed my new K-Var stockset on my SAR-1.  Significant weight reduction and I'm very impressed with the manufacturing quality, the heat sheild is a really nice touch.  If anybody has any thoughts on these stocksets, or anything I should do next please speak up.

Current stats are as follows:
1. 2001 SAR-1
2. no muzzle device or threads
3. slight cant on front sight, so slight its hardly noticeable and doesnt affect zero
4. plenty of mags of varying types
5. EKP-1S-03M Kobra collimator, Tantal is the man
6. G2 single hook trigger group
7. and now the AKBSW warsaw pact length black synthetic stock set

Im trying to keep this tasteful and not tacticool, so no rail mounts or stuff like that.  

I really have my eye on a 90 degree gas block with accessory lug, and a threaded front sight block with 74 style brake.  Something allong the lines of the AK-103.  

I also want  a russian left side folding polymer military stock as im left handed and these deploy pretty quick with a flick of the wrist.  I know thats some significant reciever modification there but its a pipe dream anyway.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#2]
yea im familliar with Chris, im considering him to do the replacement of the gas block and FSB with compensator, everyone raves about his work
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:11:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I also want  a russian left side folding polymer military stock as im left handed and these deploy pretty quick with a flick of the wrist.  I know thats some significant reciever modification there but its a pipe dream anyway.

i have seen some triangle folders (same locking mechanism) that have been modified by using a locking assembly enclosed in a piece (like a small reciever extension) that screws to a std rear tang. dont know if they may a soild stock version
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:30:29 PM EDT
[#4]
link it if u can find it man
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top