Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 9:23:03 AM EDT
Just got me my first SKS, a Yugo with that grenade launcher setup.  Going to remove the launcher sight system and want to remove that pinned on hunk of metal at end of barrel and replace with Flash Hider.  Is it legal for me to do this?  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:34:39 AM EDT
[#1]
A flash hider would be fine.  although if you alter the SKS in any way, including adding/removing a muzzle device, it is no longer a C&R firearm. -not a big deal for most.

if you add any features that would make it illegal for import, ie. detachable mag, folding stock, pistol grip,  it must meet 922r status and US parts would have to be added.

that is my understanding anyway.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:42:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A flash hider would be fine.  although if you alter the SKS in any way, including adding/removing a muzzle device, it is no longer a C&R firearm. -not a big deal for most.

if you add any features that would make it illegal for import, ie. detachable mag, folding stock, pistol grip,  it must meet 922r status and US parts would have to be added.

that is my understanding anyway.

Im not clear on your 2nd sentence.  So your saying if I put a flash hider on that would make it illegal for import so it has to be a american flash hider?  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#3]
It took me too long to type and think but my response is the same as grizzlyarms.  In CA they remove the grenade device and replace it with an extension.  Rifle is no longer C&R.  If you put on a pistol grip, folding stock, etc...   you have to meet required compliance parts.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:46:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I think if you only put on one evil feature i.e. flashhider you are good to go.  If you add more than 2 you have to change out a required number of parts, all of which are available at TAPCO.

This is just my opinion and it may be incorrect.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:50:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I think if you only put on one evil feature i.e. flashhider you are good to go.  If you add more than 2 you have to change out a required number of parts, all of which are available at TAPCO.

This is just my opinion and it may be incorrect.  

that is basically what i was trying to say.  

flash hider is OK.  but if you change it enough to make it illegal for import you have to meet the 922r compliance.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top