Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/10/2006 12:27:54 PM EDT
I recently bought a MAK-90. When I went to thread the muzzle, I noticed it had been turned down forward of the FSB.
WTF? Were they imported this way, or was it done after it came into the U.S.?

Anyway, do I have any options for threading and putting some type of FH/supressor on it?

JoeLad
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:34:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to know this too. I'm in the same boat.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:55:47 AM EDT
[#2]
they were threaded when they where imported and the threads were ground off for the ban....my 1st mak90 had that....i ended up getting a reg 14x1lh slant break and jb welded it on...the threads touched the barrel enough so i just put a little extra weld on it...you could alco get a fsb that is threaded itself...not 100% sure but i think i heard that a bulgarian would work.....there's also another option that has to do with different threading but i'm not sure how that works.....
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:46:58 AM EDT
[#3]
You will probably have to thread it 1/2x28 rh thread. Go to Global Trades web site and check out their brake section. Just about all the brakes that they carry are available in both the "standard" 14x1.0 lh and 1/2x28 rh thread. Do a search for wjm here on the board and he's got the kits for rent in both sizes. The good ol' 'merican 1/2" thread should do it. Madtechcool
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:33:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like alot of work, maybe you should just sell it to me !!! Next to my ARs the Mak 90 is my favorite shooter, what a great rifle, wish I had kept a few more. Sold all but one of them and have been kicking myself ever since.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top