Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/8/2006 10:08:40 AM EDT
As i understand it they have Russian and Bulgarian kits. what is the difference? they have new and used  with the ruskie kits being $30-$50  more expensive than the  bulgy, is the  extra $ worth it. i called orf but i wanted outside opinions, how used is the used kit? this is going to be my all encompassing home defense/ truck/ coyote/ range/ plinking/ turtle-shooting-down-at-the- creek gun. which one should i get?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Hello,
I got the new Bulgy kit.  My builder told me it was one of the nicest kits he had ever seen.  When I ordered it, ORF said the used kits were first rate but I haven't seen them.  From what I understand, the Russian kit differ in the side folder butt stock.  The butt plate is smooth and the sides are not rolled edges, but straight.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:36:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
As i understand it they have Russian and Bulgarian kits. what is the difference? they have new and used  with the ruskie kits being $30-$50  more expensive than the  bulgy, is the  extra $ worth it. i called orf but i wanted outside opinions, how used is the used kit? this is going to be my all encompassing home defense/ truck/ coyote/ range/ plinking/ turtle-shooting-down-at-the- creek gun. which one should i get?

The russian kits area just bulgarian rifles with triangle stocks that are confirmed as russian. A lot of the bulgarian 74 have russian parts, like trunnions and folding stocks. The cheaper bulgarian kits can come with a rolled edge stock thats likely russian as well, they just arent stating that in the ad I guess.

I just got a used kit and its in great shape. Theres some wear on the bolt carrier, but the front end with the barrel looks really good, as does the triangle stock. It came with a well worn bayo, and a worn sling, but hell, thats just cool IMO. I kinda freaked out when I looked down the bore, it looked like there wasnt any rifling at the top for like 4 inches back from the muzzle, but a bore snake revealed a mirror with great rifling. The whole kit was drowning in cosmo.

Theres some places the finish is getting thin, but no dents or scratches. A refinsh would look awesome, but I may build it like it is. I kinda like the used look.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top