Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 3:24:53 PM EDT
I went to the local gun show here in Lubbock Tx and spoke with a fellow that runs The Gunny Shop out of Mesquite,Tx and was there selling his wares. My apologies if this is old news but his brother in law is a part owner of Global Trades so he went on to tell me about how Global Trades has various components made in Bulgaria to their specifications then shipped here to be put together in Houston. I always thought that if you're going to claim your product is made in the USA that this means from concept to finish or from A to Z NO shortcuts. I'm not attempting to raise hell but please fill in the blanks if I'm missing something here.
Misc
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#1]
well my brother in law owns the rest of global trades. he says outsourcing is very bad for our country and he would never allow such a thing.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:25:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I went to the local gun show here in Lubbock Tx and spoke with a fellow that runs The Gunny Shop out of Mesquite,Tx and was there selling his wares. My apologies if this is old news but his brother in law is a part owner of Global Trades so he went on to tell me about how Global Trades has various components made in Bulgaria to their specifications then shipped here to be put together in Houston. I always thought that if you're going to claim your product is made in the USA that this means from concept to finish or from A to Z NO shortcuts. I'm not attempting to raise hell but please fill in the blanks if I'm missing something here.
Misc

They sent a set of their 1.6mm receiver dies to Bulgaria where they are used to stamp receivers with the large dimples like the receivers used by Global here in the U.S.  The rifles made in Bulgaria are then shipped to the U.S. where U.S. made parts are installed and any work needed to finish the rifle and make it legal.  These rifles are sold as Bulgarian but still are considered U.S. made as they have to have a certain number of U.S. parts to be compliant under 922(r) otherwise they couldn't be sold in the U.S.

The rifles that are built in the U.S. still have foreign parts such as barrels, bolt carriers, etc.

if you're going to claim your product is made in the USA that this means from concept to finish or from A to Z NO shortcuts

Whatever made you think that?  You might want to take a look at your U.S. made vehicle if you think that is the standard for something U.S. made.  A car that is made in the U.S. very well have a large number of parts made in Canada, Mexico, Korea, Japan, Brazil and very soon China.  The car may just be assembled in the U.S. and it has been this way for a very long time.  My Nissan probably meets the definition of Made in the U.S.A. more than some American cars.  

Same reasoning applies to a U.S. manufactured firearm.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:46:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Mak, I understand now thanks.
Misc
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:32:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Misc

If it was done how you suggest HD could not claim their bikes are "Made in America". That's just how it is, although some companies do seperate the acts.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top