Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/3/2006 1:48:30 PM EDT
I just got the AIM flyer today.  They are offering 900 rds of Hungarian surplus 7.62 for 90.00.  Person who took my order said they had not tested it but by mfg date I should consider it mildly corrosive.  They are also getting in Silver Bear FMJ or HP for 62.50 per 500 or 130.00 per 1000.  They expect both the Hungarian and Silver Bear to be in next week.  Said I should have my case of Hungarian by next Friday.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:55:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet!  I need some more 7.62X39!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#2]
cool news. looking forward to a range report on that Hungarian!

Do you know how it's packed?  Boxed or on clips?

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:05:44 PM EDT
[#3]
AIM flyer says 20 rd per box, 300 rds per pack and 900 rds per case.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:10:27 PM EDT
[#4]
wonder if they're getting silver bear 5.45x39 as well?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Person who took my order said they had not tested it but by mfg date I should consider it mildly corrosive.  

Yeah, that "mildly corrosive" thing cracks me up every time. Its that like "sorta pregnant". Its either corrosive or it isnt!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#7]
i got some hungarian ammo awhile back.  it's crap.  about 1 in 10 rounds failed to fire.  not jam.  just went "click".  no other ammo before or since has caused this problem.  other than that it was OK accuracy.  

not to mention it's dirty as hell.  they coat it with some kind of black dust.  it rubs off on your fingers as you load the magazine and gets all over inside the gun.

i'd rather pay the extra for anything else!!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:40:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I shoot way to much 7.62x39 and the non-corrosive stuff is way to cheap (or was too cheap anyway) for me to shoot corrosive. 7.62x54R and 8x57 is a different story. I'll wait for the $75 per 1000 Wolf at SG to come in. Supposedly, one more month.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#9]
what is SG? i'd like to get in on that deal as well.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:24:28 AM EDT
[#10]
www.sportsmansguide.com

Awile back someone posted a link to an outdated page they still had on their servers that listed 1000 round cases of Wolf for $75. I ordered three cases in late January but they're not supposed to be here until March 31.

I don't know if the page is still up or it they're still honoring the old price.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
i got some hungarian ammo awhile back.  it's crap.  about 1 in 10 rounds failed to fire.  not jam.  just went "click".  no other ammo before or since has caused this problem.  other than that it was OK accuracy.  

not to mention it's dirty as hell.  they coat it with some kind of black dust.  it rubs off on your fingers as you load the magazine and gets all over inside the gun.

Is this just so we don't buy it all?

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:14:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is this just so we don't buy it all?

trust me,  you can buy as much as you want cause i won't be buying it.  

if you do buy it, i just hope this is a different lot or something.  i hope it works for you.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:34:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+

I emailed them about that tonight. Let you guys know what they say.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:35:23 AM EDT
[#14]
taggage
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:39:37 AM EDT
[#15]
10 cents a round is a pretty good price, but the fact that this stuff is probably corrosive turns me off to it.

Sure, steel cased Wolf ammo is not for your gun either, but I don't want that corrosive stuff all up in my PMKMS clone. yuck.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top