Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/3/2006 7:54:43 AM EDT
Anyone have an opinion on who makes the highest quality semi-auto AK-74M these days? Krebs Custom makes several ak-74 variants, and claims to get components straight from Izmash...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:36:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I've seen some truly sick ass AK-74M's from Chris Butler of AK-USA.

Don't think you could go wrong there.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:31:55 AM EDT
[#2]
No one really makes a true 74M the best way to get one is to build it yourself if you are has anal as I am about detail.  There are a lot of componets that most people wouldn't know the difference between the current and out of date parts.  Are you looking for a solid folder or a skeleton folder?  If you are looking for the skeleton you want a AKS-74.  The solid folding stock is pretty hard to find and expensive.  Rusmilitary has all the stuff you need for the folding solid.  You could buy a parts kit and build it or buy an already assembled gun and have a builder attach the folding solid stock to it.  Here's some links you might want to look at.

www.rusmilitary.com
tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/variants.html
www.akforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1786
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:03:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No one really makes a true 74M the best way to get one is to build it yourself if you are has anal as I am about detail.  There are a lot of componets that most people wouldn't know the difference between the current and out of date parts.  Are you looking for a solid folder or a skeleton folder?  If you are looking for the skeleton you want a AKS-74.  The solid folding stock is pretty hard to find and expensive.  Rusmilitary has all the stuff you need for the folding solid.  You could buy a parts kit and build it or buy an already assembled gun and have a builder attach the folding solid stock to it.  Here's some links you might want to look at.

www.rusmilitary.com
tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/variants.html
www.akforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1786

No one really makes a true 74M
You've obviously never heard of Ted Marshall, or seen his products.

Rusmilitary has all the stuff you need for the folding solid.
Negative. They don't have any of the parts right now. Not the buttstock, not the hardware.

Also. Tantal is pure out of solid stocks, and hardware. Which is needed for an AK74M
Same with Rusmilitary once again. I know. I bought like the last few Oleg said. And you could pre-pay for hardware. That's what I'm doing. Check his site.
www.rusmilitary.com/html/products_offer.htm

If you want any of this. You'll have to roll the dice with Andrei/Ruseller. He never delivered mine even after 7 months. Or you could buy one of the insanely over-inflated sets that capitalists around here have actually received.
Check with Ted Marshall for a complete set of AK-100 gear for your AK-74M...... No one plays like that dude!
When you spend like 3,000.00 on an actual as close-as-it-gets clone.....TED MARSHALL
www.marshall-arms.com/Pics/AK-104_02_Title.jpg
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:15:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm just having a AK-100 stock put on my SLR-105a1R and having the selector remarked and then refinished.  Thats close enough for me!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm just having a AK-100 stock put on my SLR-105a1R and having the selector remarked and then refinished.  Thats close enough for me!

If I might ask, who's doing it for you?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:58:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the replies...I am looking for the solid folder...any other sources for this?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Member here.

Name is greentimber.

It's 275.00 for the Stock, and complete hardware................

But it's right now. Sure deal. New-in-wrap.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=332805
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Just to clarify some things...

Yeah, in 3 weeks RUSMILITARY will have in the following

ak100 series Poly Folder buttstock
Folding hardware -> ONLY THE PARTS THAT FIT IN THE REAR TRUNION> NO FRONT LATCH

They don't have the trunions or the front latch parts.

Ask me how I know...   I called them on the phone and talked for over 30 mins concerning these parts.

They have the same problem the saiga importer has.
You can put whatever parts and weapons on order with the russian factory, but they will send you what they have, which sometimes isn't even what you ordered.
They said they have ALOT of parts on order, some of them have been on order for a LONG time.

Oh, one more thing......
They get their parts from Andre'
I do know of one deal that is going down..
If it works out, then EVERYONE's AK100 series dreams will come true.
Complete sets for under $250 (handguards, pistol grips, trunion, all hardware, poly folder)
Time frame -> under 6 months
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Ask me how I know...   I called them on the phone and talked for over 30 mins concerning these parts.

You can put whatever parts and weapons on order with the russian factory, but they will send you what they have, which sometimes isn't even what you ordered.
They said they have ALOT of parts on order, some of them have been on order for a LONG time.

Oh, one more thing......
Complete sets for under $250 (handguards, pistol grips, trunion, all hardware, poly folder)

Stop promising anything AK-100 dude...........

It's just wrong to do..........

regardless
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:12:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Oh, one more thing......

Oleg does not get his parts from Andrei in Russia.... Olegs opinion of Andrei is a "tosser". At least thats what he told me when I visited him at his home/office near London about 1 1/2 years ago. Plus, Oleg is an Izhmash dealer. All his dummy/deact guns come direct from Izhmash, and Tula. He does not have to do the grey market export deal like Andrei.

ETA-I am working on folders with hardware from Russia.. ETA- within 6 months, final price TBD but hope to bring the price of a complete 4 piece set (using K-var pistol grip and HGs) to about $250.... Kvar stuff is identical to Russia stuff, and it help with US parts count..

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:40:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, one more thing......

Oleg does not get his parts from Andrei in Russia.... Olegs opinion of Andrei is a "tosser". At least thats what he told me when I visited him at his home/office near London about 1 1/2 years ago. Plus, Oleg is an Izhmash dealer. All his dummy/deact guns come direct from Izhmash, and Tula. He does not have to do the grey market export deal like Andrei.

ETA-I am working on folders with hardware from Russia.. ETA- within 6 months, final price TBD but hope to bring the price of a complete 4 piece set (using K-var pistol grip and HGs) to about $250.... Kvar stuff is identical to Russia stuff, and it help with US parts count..

Exactly. I knew that I wasn't the only one that knew that Andrei was flighty. As far as Oleg goes. That dude has always came through. I have pre-orders, and standards orders to him as of today. And I don't think twice....why? Because the dude says it can take a month and it does...usually a week!

Andrei says 8-10 weeks.....then 28 weeks later Dude. um.. hello...it's been like over 6 months...Still nada but a fuckin lame excuse. Telling me he has sent like 4 sets in 6 months.BS. More like. He sent it to some other guy who was on his cock, and bought a large order. But fuck the guy who only buys one stock, and inquires about the length of time it's taking.

That's why I have to bite the bullet, and pay huge money to people who have already received Andrei's items, and are selling them.

I will not deal with Andrei.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:57:43 AM EDT
[#12]
762hurts...

Buy the one from Greentimber...  Good to go now...  

Stottman - email inbound...

Spooky
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I probably will.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top