Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/2/2006 7:55:17 PM EDT
I have a new Norinco Mak 90 that has been a real safe  queen! It has never been shot and I believe it to be a stamped reciever with all original parts....thumbhole stock,ect. I don't have the box anymore but most other stuff like manual,ect. My question is, what is this worth if I were to sell it? As you can probably tell I have no clue about AK's as most rifles I own are AR15's. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:17:15 PM EDT
[#1]
In your neck of the woods (not that far from me), I'd say $400ish for a stamped.  If it is milled, I'd say add $50 to $100 more to that (depends on the buyer).  Some folks really go for the MAK's.  I think fetching that much money for them is a little high, but they do occasionally bring it.

I own a stamped MAK90 and love it.  I only paid $250 NIB about a year ago.  But, that was a really good deal.

If I were buying it, I'd only be willing to go around $375.  If I were selling it, I'd adjust that price as I mentioned above.  It never hurts to ask a little high and come down.  You rarely get the chance to raise your price.

A little factor that might throw a wrench in the pricing scheme I've offered is if it is NOT a Straight cut receiver.  You can figure that out by removing the butt-stock.  Most anyone that knows about MAK90's will probably ask about that feature.  The only real problem that creates is if someone wants to convert it back to the original Pistol Grip configuration.  If it is not a Straight cut receiver, then you are very limted to butt-stock choice.

I'm sure others can also offer some advice and opinions.  But you have a good piece and shouldn't have that much problem finding a buyer.

DK
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:42:21 AM EDT
[#2]
The above advise is spot on.

I bought a used MAK-90 straight cut about 6 months ago - flawless condition for $250.  At that price it was a steal......I couldnt turn it down.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top