www.akforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1276

I wish

even in semi-auto....i wish
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#1]
You and me both brother...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:20:52 PM EDT
[#2]
This one's close, and I'd venture to say, even better.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like I could turn my VZ58 into oen if I were so inclined.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:28:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This one's close, and I'd venture to say, even better.

grenadierprecision-photos.com/~photos/tn/1444_1024.ts1123641650000.jpg

blah
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Dosen't look VZ58 based at all. Looks AK based.

Anyway, I think a blew a load.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:52:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I want one too. I just visited CZ's offices in November and inquired about these, I was told they failed to land a major contract and are quite worried. I told them Americans would love to get their hands on these and they weren't too receptive. They used what seems to be the one saying every Czech knows "Eeet's not poseeeble!"
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#7]
CZ USA needs to put on it's USA marketing/thinking cap.    
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:32:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Bullseye but they would have to tool and build here not cheap.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, it could be imported as a single stack rifle, and converted here.. Thats what Arsenal does for the SLR105s..

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, it could be imported as a single stack rifle, and converted here.. Thats what Arsenal does for the SLR105s..

you know this begs the question,.. why are other companies not doing what Arsenal did?

i mean holy shit,...do they not want out money?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you know this begs the question,.. why are other companies not doing what Arsenal did?

i mean holy shit,...do they not want out money?

Its a big risk..

Plus, other companies might have priced themselves out of the market.. For example, I always hear the Poles want too much for everything..

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't think the CZ2000 ever went past the prototype stage, which is one reason nobody ever tried to import them.

Troy has serial number 1 of both the carbine and rifle.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I don't think the CZ2000 ever went past the prototype stage, which is one reason nobody ever tried to import them.

Troy has serial number 1 of both the carbine and rifle.

Its still being offered for production....
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:11:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:26:01 AM EDT
[#15]

*ducks, runs for cover*
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:15:38 PM EDT
[#16]
The only thing on that rifle that looks like the sa vz58 is the front sight...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:31:07 PM EDT
[#17]
A VZ58 can not be converted into a CZ2000 clone. The VZ58 uses a "tipping" action as opposed to the traditional AK operating system. While the weapon/magazines look like a typical AK, its an entirely different weapon and its components are not compatible/interchangible. This is a very high quality rifle, certainly among the best domestic designs in Eastern Europe. Appreciate your VZ58 for what it is, these are awesome weapons and should be appreciated/enjoyed as-is.

I had a chance to shoot a CZ2000 a few years back while I was in Europe working. These are highly accurate and reliable weapons. Certainly equal/superior to a G36K or SiG 552. Fit/finish was exceptional, though I didn't like the folding stock. It felt really sloppy, though this could be because it was a test gun which had thousands of rounds through it in short order. I also like the longer sight radius. Im not sure why you don't see more of these throughout Europe and abroad. I got the feeling they didn't push it very hard, which explains why many AK enthusiasts have never heard of it. IMO, the CZ2000 blows the G36 right out of the water. If there wasn't the bias towards AK style weapons and if CZ pushed as hard as HK, I think you would see many more of these weapons. I don't see this ever being sold in the United States, which is unfortunate as its an amazing weapon which could certainly compete with the emerging gas piston designs. IMO, its right up there with the FNC as the most refined/highly evolved 5.56 AK. While we wont be buying them here any time soon, I would love to see some of the magazines come in. I think these would sell exceptionally well.....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top