Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 9:12:04 AM EDT
Do the Krink flash hiders really work?
How do they compare to say a Vortex or a standard A2?
I realize there are at least two different Krink versions, one is a multi-piece or are they both?

Does caliber affect how well these hiders work, meaning does the one design work better with 5.45 than 7.62 or is it about the same?

I am trying to figure out which hider to use on a AK-105 clone, K-Var has barrel kits with one type of hider and the reference pictures for an AK-105 has the original type of Krink hider.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Wait until the new SEI AK74/100 Vortex comes out in a month or so.  Then decide.  If it's like the AK47/AKM Vortex there will be no comparison -- on full length weapons.  I have one on my Type-56-1 and on my SAM-5S -- the difference is amazing.  Now wonder they were built for our SOF guys and some PSC outfits.

As to the original AKS-74U flash suppressor/compensator and the Bulgarian four piece design, they are frankly not effective flash suppressors in the least.  Their role is ensure proper cycling of the weapon and to contain muzzle blast, as best can be explained.  

Now on the AK-105-type configuration I can't really say how the Vortex will work.  Note that the similar East German MPik-74NK and Romanian AIM Carbine did not employ "Krink" style muzzle devices and they in fact, used a bird cage design.  On the full length AK-74/100 series, the SEI Vortex should prove dramatically superior in flash attenuation.  As for controlling muzzle rise in full auto, I surmise the original design may arguably prove superior in that application.  

Either way, when I get the new Vortex, I'll be sure to post it.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:25:42 AM EDT
[#2]
What about the difference between www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16348&cat=0&page=1

and:

www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16349&cat=289&page=1

And what is the history behind them?

Thanks

edited: The second one seems to be on 7.62's alot the first seems to be on 5.45 and 5.56 and I heard mention of it being a "gas booster" so maybe it is need on the smaller calibers to aid in reliability?

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:15:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What about the difference between www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16348&cat=0&page=1

and:

www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16349&cat=289&page=1

And what is the history behind them?

Thanks

thanks!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top