Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 4:36:25 AM EDT
I just purchased my first AK which is actually my first gun, last weekend. Its a WASR10 romanian, built by Century arms. Its ok, fun to shoot, some things I dont like about it though, but before I use it too much, I might sell it to get this AK made by Arsenal, whats your opinions?

arsenal ak47
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:37:59 AM EDT
[#1]
oh ya...how big a diff is it with the 545 ammo vs the 762 shooting wise?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:09:31 AM EDT
[#2]
5.45 has very little kick the arsenal is a huge step up
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:37:53 PM EDT
[#3]
does that one have a threaded muzzle?? anything bad about it i should know about??
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Arsenal is top-notch
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok man-find out if the SLR-105 A1 is actually available; the website shows it as available, but make sure you talk to someone. The SLR-105s have been discontinued, maybe for good, so if you can find one you should jump on it. They are the closest thing to a real AK-74 type rifle that you will ever find.

Arsenal makes questionably the best AK type rifles available. They're superior in nearly everyway to the Century WASRs. If it were me, I would sell that WASR in a heartbeat to get an SLR-105, I mean I wouldn't even think about it. The SLR-105s are certain to increase in value, too.

Only two possible downsides to the 105s: crappy black paint for a finish and the availability of 5.45 ammo. The black finish will come off in spots, often within a few trips to the range. Spill some Hoppes on it, and there goes the paint. Eventually you may want to put on a better finish, either do it yourself or have it done professionally. As for ammo, 5.45 is VERY scarce right now. Be prepared to search and/or wait for some. Many seem to think the ammo situation will improve, but only time will tell. The 5.45 round itself is a joy to shoot, and IMHO superior to the 7.62x39 cartridge. Extremely low recoil and much, much more accurate.

Anyway, let us know what you decide to do.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ok man-find out if the SLR-105 A1 is actually available; the website shows it as available, but make sure you talk to someone. The SLR-105s have been discontinued, maybe for good, so if you can find one you should jump on it. They are the closest thing to a real AK-74 type rifle that you will ever find.

Arsenal makes questionably the best AK type rifles available. They're superior in nearly everyway to the Century WASRs. If it were me, I would sell that WASR in a heartbeat to get an SLR-105, I mean I wouldn't even think about it. The SLR-105s are certain to increase in value, too.

Only two possible downsides to the 105s: crappy black paint for a finish and the availability of 5.45 ammo. The black finish will come off in spots, often within a few trips to the range. Spill some Hoppes on it, and there goes the paint. Eventually you may want to put on a better finish, either do it yourself or have it done professionally. As for ammo, 5.45 is VERY scarce right now. Be prepared to search and/or wait for some. Many seem to think the ammo situation will improve, but only time will tell. The 5.45 round itself is a joy to shoot, and IMHO superior to the 7.62x39 cartridge. Extremely low recoil and much, much more accurate.

Couldn't have explained it or rationalized it any better.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Couldn't have explained it or rationalized it any better.

Thanks, man!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top