Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/1/2006 12:15:49 AM EDT
I think i've seen someone on here recommend their rifles before, and after comparing prices from many different places i always thought that Classic Arms had about as good a deal as i'm going to find. not saying that it's a steal or anything, but their things don't seem to be overpriced.

Classic Arms
about a third of the way down

they have several different pkg's to choose from but at the moment i think i'd like either the standard wooden furniture or a folding wire stock in place of the wood, and pay extra for the wood stock so i have it available to change out because i like both so much. the saw pistol grip that comes with the rifles also make them look so much better. the US side folding stock looks nice too but i believe i've seen several people saying they werent reliable or break very easily. i also see that they have a Romanian Hi-Cap with 2 30 rd. mags, sling and accessories which looks really nice.  so anyway does anyone have any reason i should look somewhere else or would this be a suitable rifle, considering this would be my first and i'd like to wait a while before spending a serious amount of cash. thanks!!

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:27:17 AM EDT
[#1]
arsenal of nevada or vepr ,buy quality the first time! you will be happier in the end.
just my 2 cents. good luck on whatever you buy .
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:35:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
arsenal of nevada or vepr ,buy quality the first time! you will be happier in the end.
just my 2 cents. good luck on whatever you buy .

+1
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:04:59 AM EDT
[#3]
A Vector AK from Atlantic Firearms might be an option.  Not the quality of Arsenal of Nev. but not as expensive either.  A quality built rifle.  Atlantic has underfolders and fixed stock rifles.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:16:05 AM EDT
[#4]
The Romanian WASR will probably be a good first AK, especially if you're not looking to pay over $400.  If you look around a bit, you might be able to find one for a little less than Classic Arms is asking, but they've still got a good price, especially considering the accessories.  The WASRs are pretty basic, but they work just fine!

Speaking from some experience, don't expect the rifle to be very pretty on the outside, though.  he
My 2 cents.

--NoJoe
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#5]
What's better Arsenal or VEPR?

Or about the same?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Or about the same?

Depends on your taste.  Both are excellent weapons.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:40:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I have an Arsenal SA-M7 carbine, and I have handled and shot a VEPR which was in 7.62.  The VEPR is made from a heavy RPK receiver, the Arsenal is milled.  

Basically, what Bachelor_of_Science said.  They are both the best you can get, and you won't regret getting either one.  I had a choice between a WASR and an Arsenal and I got the Arsenal, and I know where my extra money went.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#8]
The SAM7 is a very fine weapon. If you can upgrade to the Arsenal, go for it.

Classic Arms is a fine company to do business with.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Or about the same?

Both produce very high quality weapons. Personally, I can't stand the non-traditional look to the VEPRs. If you want a more "classic" AK look, go with Arsenal. If that doesn't matter to you than either will suit you just fine. As mentioned by someone else, the VEPR is a bit heavier than most Arsenal rifles, that to me is a small downside.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:37:53 PM EDT
[#10]
thank you all for the suggestions. Anyone know of any other online retailers that have Arsenal's in stock? Atlantic Firearms seems to be out of stock of just about everything.

thanks!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:54:30 PM EDT
[#11]
i dont know if this one is worth checking out but it looks neat.

Century Arms

is it romanian? i'd be willing to pay for this if it was worth it.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top