Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/27/2006 10:38:28 PM EDT
This one isn't as nice, has a bit of surface rust.  Bore is acutally quite nice. Found a bunch of white grease inside the action, not sure if that is original or what.  Again, I don't have my AK book, but looks like one of the original underfolders. Any info on this? another junk pike find.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:44:10 PM EDT
[#1]
J-L that is a Russian type 1 underfolder , nice , i think the russians only made that for 3-4 years , i dont know how rare those are where you are at , but there are probally less than 10 of those in the U.S.- in kit form , damn shame you cant be "trusted" with that gun back here - as it would be a great souvie !!!!! - maybe you can take the grips home-off that thing at least - some dude here would pay ya -2 bills for em. --  it does not look like the "locals" there give a SHT. about a collectors item like that- from the rust on it .- Haji got other stuff on his mind
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:47:42 PM EDT
[#2]
At the very least send the pistol grip home
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:03:17 PM EDT
[#3]
You had better strip that sunufabeetch for parts... $$$
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:34:46 AM EDT
[#4]
First type of Underfolder AK ever made, cool shit!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:07:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Damn, 2 bills for the grips huh?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:19:05 AM EDT
[#6]
There has to be a way you can keep these AK's you are showing us! Send them via Fedex to some third world country if you have relatives or friends. Just strip it all down and who will know its a firearm.
I would... I have family down at Argentina. heheh
I can only imagine taking a baby like that out to the farm and shooting it!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:17:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Very interesting. No mag. well dimples either.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:29:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll buy the metal frame underneath the pistol grip panels from you. Just don't damage it! You'll have to find a way to remove the rivet. I'll also buy the grip panels and the handguards!

Best solution it to convince the unit to salvage that one, even if it's for a museum.

That's a type 1 and quite rare.

Seriously though, I'll hook you up with some good $$ for all the parts you can get home with. If you need any more info email me at [email protected]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:34:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Can you get pics of the internals of it?

It's got a different rivet pattern and i'm interested in what it looks like. No mag dimples, different trunnion, a rail looking design on each side below the top rails. Also, I thought Russian AK's didnt have vented gas-tubes..?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:40:52 AM EDT
[#10]
The type1 AK47 is an almost completely different animal from an AKM.

There is a good thread with pics on K-Var's forum on the Marshall Arms board
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Damn.  I would love to have that!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:42:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like the MBITR came in handy.....
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Damn J-L , i wonder  right now , in some small corner of the world  some Russkie soldier has got his hands on a old WW2 Tommy Gun , Or BAR , and he is wantin to take a souvie home to Moscow with him ,   i wonder if it would be easier for him ? --   that is some crazzzy SHT. - that as long as you wear a military uniform you can be trusted with explosives & auto weapons - but when you take the uniforn off - you are somehow "mentally defective" and can no longer be trusted ! -

MY AZZ would wind up locked up in FT. LEavenworth - if i was you !!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:21:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn, if i were him, Id be snatchin up all these junk pile guns and breakin out a gas axe and come home with a mess of parts kits and be a very rich man
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:24:02 PM EDT
[#15]
AHAH!
I knew it.  This has a muzzle nut!
I thought the first U/F's came with muzzle nuts.

I'm gonna get the nut for my Polskyy - IMO they look better anyway as opposed to the slant FH.

Thanks for the pics J-L.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#16]
very cool rifle, what is your job detail over there?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#17]
damn nice
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:30:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Get the pistol grip and handguards- it would be worth your while, my friend brought back over twenty mags so those two small items you can definately get home. Hell just mail it to a friend stateside who lives closeby who can watch over it until you get back- he won't mind, really.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top