Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 10:12:57 AM EDT
I've been real curious about this. Parts vendors have always sold them for 7.62 AKs, but I've never heard of anyone needing to use it. With my own somewhat limited - but still 12-year experience firing AKs, I've never had a broken shell in the chamber with ANY ammo from cheap to commercial Russian 4 types, Yugo, S African, Chinese 2 types, and American 4 types SAAMI spec.

Is it even worth the $8 to have one for 'just in case' ?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one, though I've never had to use it, but I have one for just about every one of the caliber
types that I own.

I figure, if I need it, I have it, and it's only $8 bucks or so. I've wasted more on other crap that I
have nothing to show for it. Besides, if a case would separate on you, and you didn't have one, a
smith will probably charge you a lot more than that to extract it for you.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#2]
good question!

i've shot literally thousands and thousands of rounds of cheap Chinese, Russian, com-bloc steel and brass surplus through SKS's AK's and Mosins without ever having the need for one.
. . .i just saw one for $3
i guess it pays to have back-up when at the range.  .   . if you see a Mosin or SKS for $75, BUY TWO OF EM!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I would have given a testicle for a ruptured case extractor in Iraq.

Iraqi ammo sucks.. lots of case head separations.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top