Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 9:46:41 AM EDT
Cheaper Than Dirt has them for around $50.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/lgprod/MAG-021.jpg

Does anyone own such a beast? Big change in balance? How do they handle fully loaded? Any info would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:08:40 AM EDT
[#1]
A 30 and a 40rnd mag welded together that really looks like it would get in the way

I would rather have a drum.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:14:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Cheaper Than Dirt has them for around $50.

www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/lgprod/MAG-021.jpg

Does anyone own such a beast? Big change in balance? How do they handle fully loaded? Any info would be appreciated!

I have no experience with this mag , but If I was you I would  just stick to 30 and 40 round mags . If you want more then that get you a drum !!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:20:36 AM EDT
[#3]
You guys arnt answering the question, So far nobody can say they owne one!!! if they were well built id buy one. however the picture looks shitty. almost a photoshop???
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#4]
National Magazine, US mfg. That cant be good
75 rnd. Magazine

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:23:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I knew that had to be a weld spot. This would definitely get looks. I do plan on picking up a drum or two, but this thing just looks too "out there" to pass up. I remember seeing one of these on a Yugo underfolder in an old Jane's gun book, and I've been wanting to try one out since then, just never had an Ak until recently.

Well, I know enough to stay away from US manufacturing as far as mags are concerned. For the price, I'll give it a try and share my thoughts for anyone interested.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Russians used to make a 55 round magazine that clipped on the front of the barrel.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:36:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey look on the bright side.. when fully loaded it would make a real nice club..
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:08:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I wouldn't put my money on them...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:48:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Russians used to make a 55 round magazine that clipped on the front of the barrel.

Correction, the ruskys made a 100 rndr. that clipped on the barrel. And you can give me hell if I'm wrong. Madtechcool
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:52:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correction, the ruskys made a 100 rndr. that clipped on the barrel. And you can give me hell if I'm wrong. Madtechcool

No, you got it right. It's a 100-rounder, not 55. And they're pretty rare since they were abandoned in favor of drums.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:48:12 AM EDT
[#12]
I have owned 4 of those welded together 50 rounders and let me be the first to tell you...  They suck!  My son still has the best one of the bunch, and if you are lucky you can load and shoot 40 or so rounds.  When it's fully loaded it doesn't let the bolt strip a round from the magazine because of the massive spring tension, and when it gets down to the last few rounds the mag doesn't always feed them.  Save your money and buy some decent magazines.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top