Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/26/2006 2:47:03 PM EDT
a funshow find....It's a Norinco mak90 with factory threaded muzzle and it has a plug in where a underfolder stock should have been......can someone tell me more about this kind of mak90.....also, I got it for $380
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I'd say so. Sell the parts that you take off when you convert it to underfolder. With US parts, it'll be a kickass underfolder.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:15:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice!

Add one of these to it:

www.polytechparts.com/cgi-bin/hazel__ak-store.cgi?client=13781738&action=SEARCH&SEARCH_COMP=CONTAINS&SEARCH_KEY_CATEGORY=1  

(Barrel assembly, top of page)

And you'll be even better!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Does it have a rivet in the third hole? Some MAK-90's came in like yours that had the hole for the sear. A rivet was put into this hole, they were ruled as machineguns by the alpha bit boys. I don't remember who the importer was though. There was a thread on these some time ago.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I did not look at it that close......I will be picking it up next friday....I'll put up some pics when I get back from my trip monday
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I found a pic of a gun that looks just like the one I got.......here is the link....the receiver pic is half way down the page.....it has NHM-91 under the pic

mywebpages.comcast.net/jfreeman246/page_2.htm
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#6]
How many selector positions did it have? One or two notches? If two, did it have chinese symbols by each one? That looked like this...

If so, it's considered a machine gun, and either dont buy it, or do this....

Reason being, the chinese were in a hurry to import these right before the ban, so they took select fire Type-56 AKM's and put a rivet through the hole for the auto-sear, and had slotted rails. Basically turning it into a Mak90, but the BATF ruled that since its got the hole there, its 'readily' convertable and considered a machine gun. While this was caught onto, some of these rifles had already been sold and not recovered and still in circulation.

Chances are it's not one of these rifles, as some did come in with just the UF receiver but no auto modifications. Just make sure, and now you know what to look for before picking it up. And if it is one of these rifles you come to find out, the FFL wont be able to give you a hard time on a full refund, as he's got a unregistered MG i'm sure the ATF would love to find out about.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I pretty sure it only has one selector marking
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#8]
here are some pics of the gun and both of my norincos....funny thing is that it was imported by the place that imported all the machine guns.........yes, both guns are compliant with the parts count  ......It took me about two hours of work to make the underfolder work right.....yes it is a yugo underfolder but I dont care

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top