Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 9:54:13 PM EDT
Polytech AKS-7.62, serial number 5966, folding spike bayonet and uncheckered pistol grip. Stolen from me October 31, 2002. Still looking for it at the gun shows, against all expectation of ever seeing it again. Any info much appreciated!

Kenny
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:10:09 AM EDT
[#1]
#5966 I will keep an eye out for it though, I saw one just as you described under glass at the Big Town show( Dallas) this last weekend.  Did not look for a # though as I had reason to do so.  You do have a police report on it, right?  I'd hate to bring in the police and you had no proof!  Making false accusations at a gun show ain't cool at all.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:14:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:50:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, reported it to HPD right after it happened. They called me up about a year ago, saying they'd found it; went up there and got handed an SKS with the exact same serial number, and had to explain the difference. Looking on the bright side, at least that guy got his SKS back...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I just checked my Poly, not your SN. 5966, I am writing that down and will keep an eye out at the shows.

Did you put any special furniture or slings or anything on it?

ETA: put an alert in the Chinese forum at akforum.net/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=15 as there are a few Polytechs there too.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Just checked mine...no match.  I will definatley keep my eyes open for ya!

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:59:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Just checked mine, too, no go.  Good luck sir.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:26:29 PM EDT
[#7]
That's an easy number to remember, I will keep an eye out at the shows- sorry to hear about that going missing because Polytech spike folders are nice AK's considering the only ones you usually see are Norinco. Does it have a milled reciever, stamped? Take pics of all your guns and keep them on file.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:52:48 PM EDT
[#8]
man .....sorry to hear that, hearing of a lost ak makes me sad ...........I hope the AK gods reunite with your stolen ak someday
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Just checked mine, no match. Sorry to hear about your rifle, hopefully it will come back home to you somehow.

shawn
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:35:14 PM EDT
[#10]
It's a stamped receiver, with the KFS mark and "Beijing, China" on the left side. Thanks for looking out, guys! I know it's pretty much a lost hope, but it was a nice rifle, and it can't hurt to keep an eye out. Thanks again!

Kenny
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#11]
i've got some friends in MS - I'll tell them to keep an eye out.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top