Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/25/2006 11:26:43 AM EDT
Atlantic Has the Vector AK 47 Classic poly for 529.00 & East has the Vector for 489.00. Is there something I'm overlooking?  Also has anyone had any dealings with either company, any reason not to buy from East? Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not personally dealt with either company.  
Atlantic has a ton of good feedback and will give you an AR15.com member discount if you call and talk to Blaine (owner).
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought 2 Vector AKs from Blaine at Atlantic.  Great service, great rifles,  I don't know the other company.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:52:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Blaine at Atlantic was great to work with , got my first AK from him.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Blaine is the man.  Talk to him and he will work with you on price.  Don't forget to tell him you are a AR15.Com member.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:15:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Blaine and Atlantic Firearms are really hard to beat. I have purchased tow Vector Underfolders from him and no problems at all. He also gives  AR15.com members a  discount
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 on Atlantic firearms. Got two AK's via the site and they are great.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Blaine at Atlantic is the way to go. He stands behind what he sells. Great customer service on my purchase.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:57:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the help everyone, now I have to decide between the Vector or the SSR-85c2.Feel free to help me decide.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Call Blaine at Atlantic.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:24:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Ehh, I wish I would have talked to Blaine from Atlantic when I ordered my underfolder from them.

Im not sure who I talked to but rude would have been an understatement.  I got my rifle ordered and I got it in a timely fashion.  I love the rifle, very nice gun.  I just wasnt impressed with the people I had to deal with to get it - very snippy and just plain rude.  

They delivered what they promised so Im not going to let rudeness affect me ordering from them again but I wasnt impressed.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:27:04 PM EDT
[#12]
While researching what route to go(buy assembled or build it myself) Blaine was really helpful in answering my emails. He got back to me quickly and even on weekends, that's better than people I spent money with. The next purchase will be from Blaine.

+1 Blaine
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:57:23 AM EDT
[#13]
If its the east coast firearms in PA then I'd say you couldn't do too much better.  THey're located about 15mins from me and John and Paul have really been great to work with.  I bought my Colt LE6920 at a price lower than I could find anywhere else.  He sells ammo for great prices too.  Its nice to have someone that sells ammo close so you don't have to pay shipping.  Like I said I'm not 100% sure we're talking about the same East Coast Firearms, but they have treated me right so far!

CMS

ETA:  Sorry I was thinking East Coast Gun Sales...thats a different from east coast firearms....Can't speak for them...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Both website have high prices.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:15:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:14:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I just ordered the Vector underfolder from east coast firearms. Best customer service I have ever dealt with. Very fast and super friendly. They just made a loyal customer out of me.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:25:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Just recieved the Vector ak-47 with poly furn. from Atlantic nice gun no complaints at all. Blaine was great to deal with ,mailed the payment out on 03/04/2006, recieved rifle on 03/14/2006. Range report will follow, have to install a few accessories.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:09:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:46:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:12:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
... the OTHER guys popped up from they have closely copied our format right down to our how to buy info page & , not sure where they are from since they list no phone #'s or any address on the site....

the guys who do your site, http://www.fdigraphics.com, built his.  look on the main page for fdigraphics, and you see this pic:

^ look at the main page for the east coast people, and it looks just like that pic.  at the bottom of their pages it even says prosites 123 (as in the pic).

someone noticed who you were using as a web site developer, and then hired them.  

that just ain't right. I'm a web developer, and we protect our client's business by not accepting offers from competing companies.  Check your contract and see if they have violated it.

eta: Atlantic Arms are well-known around here for their good service.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:46:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:30:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
David_G17 , Yes i did a little research and found that out also,it looks like a lot of our confidential discussions have been used to form this site, I had a excellent relationship with my web guy and considered him a close friend and trusted him with valuable info, I am really let down and  totally disgusted by this. Do you have any suggestions ?

I noticed you own the domain for your site (which is really, really good - if you ever wanted to use a different company, you could).  All I could suggest is that you go with someone else and specify in the contract that they "protect your corporate identity."  

If you want to keep using your current web site provider, you may be able to talk them down the next time they upgrade something on your site by mentioning this.

Some things I noticed on your site:
There are about 65 or so broken links on your site (this penalizes search engine ranking).
the "Atlantic Firearms - Administrative Login" page is in a predictable location (I'm not going to guess login names or passwords).

If you are interested in a new site design, the company I work for would be more than happy to help you out.  I wish I could offer a discount of some sort, but I'm a little low on the totem pole when it comes to pricing. bjmweb.com/  (you can call them at 800-506-8064 M-F  8:00-5:00 CST).

If you do decide to go with someone else, I highly recommend stipulating a "protection of corporate identity, information, and data" clause in the contract.  If you decide to renew your contract with your current provider, you may try to see if they'll add something similar to your contract.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:58:40 PM EDT
[#23]
I placed an order with East Coast Firearms recently AFTER checking what he had in stock. The one I want is not on stock, but he indicated he has 5 on order from Vector Arms. He communicates everything very well. His prices seem very good, so that is why I decided to wait for his stock to be replenished. I'll let you know how it goes. I was looking at Atlantic Firearms also, but the prices were a little higher. Plus I had questions about not shipping the 30 round magazine to MD since I can only have 20 rounds or less. He was the first to get back to me which is a plus.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:09:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:02:25 AM EDT
[#25]
I'll keep that in mind if I make a future purchase or if this doesn't work out for me.
I do seem to remember getting a call from you guys saying that you would replace the 30 with a 20 round mag, that is a good thing. I actually didn't see the Vector on your site either until now. I guess I was really taken by the Armory USA featured item, and the price was getting a little higher than I liked. Your Vector is right on with East Coast Firearms.
I appreciate that you did call me back, I emailed a question a month or so ago and nobody got back with me, so that is why I didn't wait on the phone call. I figured that I wouldn't hear back.
I will keep you in mind for my next rifle purchase after reading some of the good comments here.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#26]
+1 for Blaine and Atlantic Firearms.  I recently purchased my second AK 47, an Arsenal SA M7 A1 from Blaine.  Communication and service are excellent..... I highly recommend!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#27]
My Vector AK came in from East Coast Firearms today. It was a very smooth transaction for a reasonable price. I wanted synthetic stocks, but didn't want to wait, so after many emails to Mike from ECF, and some pics he sent me, I decided to go wood. The wood didn't seem to make it as heavy as I thought it would, I suppose it is because there is not that much wood. Maybe next year I can get one with a synthetic stock. Then it will look like the same rifle and I won't have to explain a new purchase. Shipping took one day after I made the decision, although Atlantic Firearms would have likely taken the same time since it is located in MD as well as my FFL.
Mike communicated with me every step of the way, and I am pleased.

Vector makes a nice AK47 too.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top