Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 8:02:33 PM EDT
OK here is the situation. I have a weird combo here. AKS-74M1A1 5.56 Stamped Bulgarian which is I believe 74 pattern on the reciever but supposedly two different production runs, some were AKM pattern, some 74 pattern with 47 pattern carriers and 47 pattern but in 5.56 bolts. Now the trigger group is a standard 74 pattern that came in the rifle but has the hammer retarder cut down but only to keep a portion of the sear and catch together with that large weird hollow pin running through the center.

I am wanting to replace the HTS with something new but not sure if I go AKM pattern or 74 pattern but am guessing to stick with 74 pattern. Now what I am looking for is an original manufacture single hook trigger semi-group that doesn't need the annoying retarder to keep the whole thing together and preferably not Romanian or US made. The reason I am replacing is because I polished to much on the contact surfaces and it is a bit light for my taste- was looking at a drop in HTS original 74 but not really wanting the hammer retarder since it really doesn't do anything when not using anything in FA. Anyway suggestions on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Creeper  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Never mind- just modified a standard double hook to fit. Should work perfect but it is now baking the in oven to cure the new finish.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top