Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/23/2006 6:59:54 PM EDT
I just got an email from Harlan!  Figured some of us waited long to hear this.

Brick

""We got in our first delivery today of production run DCI Romanian/Russian RPK receivers in 7.62x39. Parts appear to fit up well with the receivers.  Quantity received is 144 receivers.  Pics will get done in a few days, and we will send you another update with pics.  We will now take orders for the DCI Romanian/Russian RPK receivers,  an order sheet is on our website.  If you want custom serial number markings, include that info on the order sheet.  This first batch of receivers will not be back from heat treat and ready to ship until late next week.  Thanks for your interest and support.""

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:01:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Who is Harlan? Any idea of the price for a complete weapon?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:01:28 AM EDT
[#2]
He used to work for FAC, then started his own business after that went down in flames.  He is making AK receivers for types like the yugos, rpks, rpk-74's, akm's, and ak-74's.   So far, the yugo's and an economy akm receiver has been available from them.  Now the RPK types are starting to get done and the other types will follow.  He doesn't offer complete guns.

Brick  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:11:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Well that's good news!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:29:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I (Harlan) am co-owner of NoDak Spud LLC. Our website is at www.nodakspud.com.
Thanks.

Harlan
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:54:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Harlan is a very knowledgeable man, and if I ever do get a chance to build any AKs, my choices will be either a hand-fold (to save $), or one of his (still save $).
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#6]
www.nodakspud.com.        
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#8]
We got another delivery of 144 receivers today, so we should have inventory on hand for a while.
Thanks.

Harlan
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Harlan, sent you $ today for a Romanian!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:02:19 PM EDT
[#10]
harland I will have the money Order overnighted on Monday for three with custom serial numbers you Just made my month.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Harlan,
 The receiver looks great. Your receiver made this build a breeze.

Thanks
 FREE

Quoted:

Quoted:

I (Harlan) am co-owner of NoDak Spud LLC. Our website is at www.nodakspud.com.
Thanks.

Harlan

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:40:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Ok, so those are some nice looking RPK receivers... But i'm certainly not up to building my own RPK, and even if i had the tooling I wouldnt want my first build to be with a very expensive parts kit on such a nice receiver.  So my question is, again; will anyone be actually building a complete RPK or RPK74 semi-auto rifle for sale? Or am I up a creek unless I buy a kit and receiver and send it off to be built by somplace like AKUSA?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:46:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Can't you build up a standard AK kit with the RPK reciever?  The VEPR's use an RPK reciever and they sure aren't RPK's.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:33:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Can't you build up a standard AK kit with the RPK reciever?  The VEPR's use an RPK reciever and they sure aren't RPK's.

You are confused....

There are 2 major styles of  trunions out there

(1) Standard smooth sides
(2) Bulged

Which style receiver you use depends on the trunion you have.
Vepr's use the Bulged trunion

All weapons can use the Standard if you mill the sides off of the trunion.

Now before anyone starts.. Yeah.. the recievers  are 1.0mm,1.5mm and 1.6 mm receivers
The majority of the kits availible are 1.0mm.  Chinese guns were built on a 1.5mm receiver, and to my knowledge, no one made guns with the 1.6mm.  Keep in mind the above is for standard receivers. I beleive all of the bulged receiver style were 1.5mm
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top