Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/21/2006 10:58:55 AM EDT
There is a factory Saiga mount, with include 1" rings up on an auction site, and I wondered, does anybody know if the rings are centered over the receiver with this item, as well as are they a heavy duty mount or an El Cheapo type.

The seller only shows the unopened bag, not the whole mount, and I'd like to know if its a worthwhile purchase.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Well I know you can buy nice ones new from Freedom Optics and acouple other places for $40. Is the saiga on the one that is high and goes on with set screws instead of a lever?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont know, thats why I want a clarification before I buy, however it is an EAA imported and marked product.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the factory Saiga mount.  Mine is centered, but some say theirs arn't.   It has a throw lever with a pin that holds the lever in place when locked down.   It's built lighter than the Belarus mounts, which isn't such a bad thing, its solid enough.  The built in rings are just OK.  One plus to them is they allow the use of the irons and still have the scope as low as possible.  The ones with a rail raise the scope pretty high, and if I were to buy another with a rail it would be a low profile one.  

If you are looking for a sport optic mount it is good for that, but not worth paying a premium for.  I am not a fan of built in rings since it limits what you can mount on it.  Basically there are better mounts and worse depending on what you want it to do.

Edited for rediculous typos.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top