Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/20/2006 7:53:44 PM EDT
I don't know much about ak's so please fill me in.  Ran across an ak I don't know what it is.  It's marked intrac, caliber 5.45 x 39, Romainia, and has the O.O.W. marking on the bottom of the gun in front of the mag well.  I assume OOW means Ohio Ordance Works, but maybe something else.
It has the plastic, wood grain looking fixed stock and forearm.  Is the wood grain looking stuff what you call bakelite.  Anyway, he want's $320.00 for it.  Is this a good or bad price? It is still NIB.
Thanks in advance for any info.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:01:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:06:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you have any idea what kind of mags came with these Ohio Ordance guns when they were sold new.  It's only got one mag with it and its one of those redish/brown plastic mags. (I know there is a name for them but I can't remember what they call them).  Or did they have just a regular steel mag.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:25:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Do you have any idea what kind of mags came with these Ohio Ordance guns when they were sold new.  It's only got one mag with it and its one of those redish/brown plastic mags. (I know there is a name for them but I can't remember what they call them).  Or did they have just a regular steel mag.

east german bakelite magazine
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:23:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Just know that the ammunition is harder to find and more expensive for that caliber. If you buy that gun, get 3 or 4k rounds from Sportsmans Guide. That way you gun will always have ammunition. The magazines are also more expensive and harder to come by than the standard 7.62X39 AK mags. So I would buy a bunch of them when I had the chance too. Someone will probably come along and completely discredit everything I said, but this is what I have found to be true.  

That seems like a good deal to me. I would pick it up if I were looking for a different caliber AK.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Where can you find east german bakelite mags at a decent price.  I never see them out here in the middle of BFE.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:08:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just know that the ammunition is harder to find and more expensive for that caliber. If you buy that gun, get 3 or 4k rounds from Sportsmans Guide. That way you gun will always have ammunition. The magazines are also more expensive and harder to come by than the standard 7.62X39 AK mags. So I would buy a bunch of them when I had the chance too. Someone will probably come along and completely discredit everything I said, but this is what I have found to be true.  

That seems like a good deal to me. I would pick it up if I were looking for a different caliber AK.

12 pack of bulgy 5.45 mags is under $40 a ohio rapid fire  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top