User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/20/2006 4:58:07 PM EDT
Realities?

Rumors?

Info?

Manufacturers?

I want one for aan AK-104 SBR that I'm having built. Texas paperwork is proving to be no problem other than time, and money. I know than the rounds aren't sub-sonic. I don't care. I'm hot for a suppressor!

I would like a PBS-1 clone if possible.

Who could make one? Who sells one for 7.62x39?

Thanks in advance
~762hurts
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#1]
subsonic rounds are available let me find the link.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#2]
here you go:

http://www.srtarms.com/ebr.htm
Not cheap but available

7.62 x 39 Subsonic
General Description:  7.62 x 39mm M4 Jackhammer.  This new EBR round is designed
to feed and function M16/M4 weapons in this caliber in both semi and full auto.  It
utilizes a proprietary EBR 220 grain FMJ projectile.  Also works in Kalashnikov weapons
with slight ramping.  Cycles both weapons with or without a suppressor.  Independent
testing has given sub-1/2 MOA accuracy at 100 yards using aimed, semi automatic fire.
Light recoil and enhanced controllability make this ammunition extremely effective in
full automatic mode.

7.62 x 39mm (500 Rounds, 10 Boxes of 50 per case)

1 box, $66.50  

2-5 boxes, $61.75  

6-9 boxes, $55.00  

10 boxes or case, $450.00 or $475.00 per box  

10 cases +, $427.50 Per Case (5% discount)  

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:54:12 PM EDT
[#3]
AAC has one they use on the Krink...  I was just looking at one today on their site...

Spooky

ETA  AAC Krinkov Suppressor

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:27:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I know than the rounds aren't sub-sonic.

It's easy to handload subsonic ammo that will cycle an AK.
The standard rifling twist is unnecessarily fast for the 124gr bullet, it will stabilize a 180-190gr subsonic bullet quite well.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:36:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
AAC has one they use on the Krink...  I was just looking at one today on their site...

Spooky

ETA  AAC Krinkov Suppressor

No more in stock and NO plans to produce them again.  That is straight from a rep at AAC as I just talked to them about 2 hours ago on the phone.  However, there may be some dealers that have some stocked.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Smith Enterprise, Inc. is making them for some high speeds to go on their newly-acquired AK47/AKM Vortex-equipped weapons.  The unit is a variant of their rebuildable M14DC. Unfortunately, they will only be available to USG/LE and through FMS.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:27:07 PM EDT
[#7]
case capacity is very close to .300 whisper

JD was pushing heavy .30 cal bullets w/blue dot (according to mag. article about '94 I think)

I could get 180 gr to work OK, and figured was for close, so I used RN soft points

couldn't ever get 200 or 220 to stabilize

always thought a custom barrel w/faster twist would be cool....   on designated carbine (1 in 8")

I think the newest thoughts is NOT to silence the weapon...

they have figured out how to stagger baffles so it confuses the target.... you hear the bullet mid flight but not what direction, then supersonic ammo is used....
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:39:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think the newest thoughts is NOT to silence the weapon...

they have figured out how to stagger baffles so it confuses the target.... you hear the bullet mid flight but not what direction, then supersonic ammo is used....

Riiiight.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top