Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/19/2006 8:52:20 PM EDT
I was interested in has anyone mounted a PSO-1 scope on an AK?   does it hit point of impact for the AK-47 round  or is it only effective using the 762X54R SVD?  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:56:56 AM EDT
[#1]
The problem with that setup is not the bullet drop compenstion part but the fact the SVD/PSL rails are different than an AK and each has it's own mount.  One will act like it's mounting on the other but it is not really secure that way.  Compare the rails on an AK and a PSL or SVD.  They are different.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:04:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:21:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks RS39, I had forgot about that one special one that would do both.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:27:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#5]
It seem to fit just fine, I ordered the rail from Kvar and installed it on the rifle myself so maybe it was the correct rail to start with, because it is perfectly tight and secure.  I'm just worried that the POI will not jive with the 762X39 round. I don't want to have to hold under or over, I just want to put that Chevron on MR can and Blast him.  I have a Veper in 223 as well it is a KTRO3V  now and the scope will not fit over the Krebs new cover and rail  but I wouldn't try it in 223 anyway. 762  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:52:39 AM EDT
[#6]
From what I have read the BDC works for both the 54R and 39mm round.  Read this on Kalinka web site I think so you may want to dig around on their site to see what you find out.  Glad it fit well for you.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:51:53 AM EDT
[#7]
The scopes Kalinka sells don't have BDCs. They're just graduated in MOA. Their site is a little misleading. They're saying you can use their scopes with 'any caliber' because it's graduated in MOA. True, but you can do that with ANY scope and there's no point in calling it a BDC if it's not graduated to a specific round in useful increments. To the best of my knowledge, all of the Russian PSOP-style scopes currently imported are like this. Also, I don't beleive there are any scopes graduated in 7.62x39. I know there's one graduated for 5.45x39, it even says "AK-74" in it and has been mentioned here before.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:35:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I did used PSO-1 on my AK few times. Works fine up to 200yds, but I haven't tried any further. You can find PSO-1 with AK mount. I think "nightvisionweb" use to have them, pretty sure that "Kalinka" got them as well.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll have to try it out and see how it works. I expect that it may work very well out to 300 m but I'm betting the different drop between 762X39 and the 762X54R at extended ranges will show the 39 commie shooting Low at anything past about 300-400 meters. That is Ok with me if I can use it effectively out to 300M I'll be happy. I got this scope about 6-7 years ago when they were just coming on the market in large numbers, I have the battery adapter to use AA and the red lamp, so using it in low light will be cool.    762
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top