Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 4:09:27 AM EDT
sorta off topic, but I need some advice. I sold a fold and weld receiver in Nov. to a guy from Sweden. At the time of sale, some of his email msg.s were sounding kind of funny/strange, e.g. wanting me to sell him small quantities of ammo in several packs, no mentioning of contents on custom forms, to outright lying about contents on custom forms. I refused the ammo requwst, and told him I would list the flat receiver on forms as what it is in American legal speak; a steel flat, .063 thick, 6"X12". He paid by paypal, and I shipped it. Now, he did not pay for Insurance, but I decided I better, since it was going overseas. I sent it off, and a month later, he emails me that he did not receive it. I inquire with P.O., and they told me it would take a while to trace, since it was going overseas.  In the meantime, I go ahead and send a new flat. A couple weeks later, the P.O. notified me that the 1st package reached Swedish customs, so it was no longer under their control, and they would not reimburse me on my insurance claim. Now I'm a little pissed, either this guy lied to me and he did receive the flat, OR, customs latched on to it, recognising it for what it is, and maybe there's a law against these flats. Now, to throw gas on the fire, the customer emails me saying he has not received the other flat either, and he wants his money back.  I feel that I'v been taken to the cleaners on this deal. He's probably got both of the flats, or customs does, and he lied to me about their legality. Would I be justified in telling him to check with customs for his property, and to stick his refund request up his ass?
OJF
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:18:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Well let's see here. This person wanted you to lie to and decive Swedish customs. The PO says it was delivered to Swedish customs. I think I'd tell him where his flat is and where he can stick it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:57:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well let's see here. This person wanted you to lie to and decive Swedish customs. The PO says it was delivered to Swedish customs. I think I'd tell him where his flat is and where he can stick it.

+1 here
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:56:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
sorta off topic, but I need some advice. I sold a fold and weld receiver in Nov. to a guy from Sweden. At the time of sale, some of his email msg.s were sounding kind of funny/strange, e.g. wanting me to sell him small quantities of ammo in several packs, no mentioning of contents on custom forms, to outright lying about contents on custom forms. I refused the ammo requwst, and told him I would list the flat receiver on forms as what it is in American legal speak; a steel flat, .063 thick, 6"X12". He paid by paypal, and I shipped it. Now, he did not pay for Insurance, but I decided I better, since it was going overseas. I sent it off, and a month later, he emails me that he did not receive it. I inquire with P.O., and they told me it would take a while to trace, since it was going overseas.  In the meantime, I go ahead and send a new flat. A couple weeks later, the P.O. notified me that the 1st package reached Swedish customs, so it was no longer under their control, and they would not reimburse me on my insurance claim. Now I'm a little pissed, either this guy lied to me and he did receive the flat, OR, customs latched on to it, recognising it for what it is, and maybe there's a law against these flats. Now, to throw gas on the fire, the customer emails me saying he has not received the other flat either, and he wants his money back.  I feel that I'v been taken to the cleaners on this deal. He's probably got both of the flats, or customs does, and he lied to me about their legality. Would I be justified in telling him to check with customs for his property, and to stick his refund request up his ass?
OJF

Guy wants you to sell him stuff illegally and you send him grey area stuff? Come on now....

Makes no sense anyway.. He can go all over Europe and buy a real AK receiver...

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:33:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow, I wouldn't send stuff to Europe like that unless you know the law in the country which I don't and the chance that customs confiscates it like you stated.  No way of knowing if the guy gets it or not.  I ordered from laukart and figured if the parts didn't get to me I would just have to write it off, parts reached me quicker than some guys get stuff to me here in the U.S. I think I had to sign for them.

I think when he said the first package didn't get to him you should have just refunded money then and wrote of the loss.  Now you are out two shipments.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:29:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Absolutely do not refund him any money.  You can track it to its arrival in Sweden.  You shipped to the address he provided.  His problem if it can't get there.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:22:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Why don't you email him the proof that it was delivered to the customers and that you've done your part?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:24:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Why don't you email him the proof that it was delivered to the customers and that you've done your part?

It was delivered to customs and at that point the USPS says they are no longer responsible.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#8]
wow.

reminds me of my ruseller story.

I paid 6 months earlier. he says he's sent off 5 gun items. I never received one. he changes his story as to when/what country they were sent from. gets mad when i want refund, because some have received slings, and small items from him.

international trade can suck
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:48:55 AM EDT
[#9]
If it were me, I'd inform the buyer that it was his responsibility to deal with customs in his country.  You did your part (and beyond, the insurance was a nice touch).  I would refuse refund without return of the flats or reimbursement from USPS.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:52:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If it were me, I'd inform the buyer that it was his responsibility to deal with customs in his country.  You did your part (and beyond, the insurance was a nice touch).  I would refuse refund without return of the flats or reimbursement from USPS.

sounds right.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:07:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sounds right.

+2
He wanted you to deceive/gamble on customs not finding out what it was.
He paid his money and took his chances. He lost. Tuff cookies.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:14:55 PM EDT
[#12]
You better be ready for the trouble with PayPal.  When he complains to PayPal, they will lock your account and all of the money you have in it.  If you don't have money in it and your account is linked to a bank account, they can withdraw from your banking account however many months of questionable transactions they chose to take out.  Do yourself a favor now, seriously, close the bank account that your PayPal is attached to and cancel the credit card link on your PayPal account.  This guy is a lying peckerhead and knows he has you over a barrel with PayPal.  Cover yourself now and tell him to get screwed.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top