Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/15/2006 2:24:45 PM EDT
Went to a pawn shop today and found two Saiga's, a 7.62x39mm sporter (low-cap) and a 12-gauge shotgun with the sporter stock set.

The rifle was $229 before tax, and I didn't get to look at the price tag on the shotgun but the lady at the counter said it'd be "right about $200 with tax". Both looked to be practically brand new, but I couldn't get the safety on the rifle to budge, so I couldn't check the chamber or charge it. Shotgun had a 5-rnd mag, rifle was I THINK a 10-rounder but I can't tell with the single-stacks.

Are these good prices for these guns? I really like the shotgun and would want to get a bunch more magazines and convert it to the military furniture, but I also want a Saiga rifle so it can someday (like, maybe when I win the lottery or something) be converted into an AK-103.

Of course, this presumes that I would ever have the money to buy either of them, much less both of them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Saigas are a "low cap" by virtue of the special mag they take in their sporter form.

For $200, l would buy it if you want one. A new one will run you more than that.
If you have it converted some day you will get it refinished, so cosmetic condition doesnt matter really.

Find out what the SG costs. If it is around the same price,  i'd jump on that too.
The 12Ga are more difficult to find than the centerfire versions, especially now
with everyone wanting one to do a conversion on.

I bought my 7.62 Saiga last summer for $200 sight un-seen.

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#2]
The Rifle is a decent buy as is - or if you can  do a pistol grip/highcap conversion yourself.

The shotgun is a DEAL!
you can get a GOOD conversion to pistol grip for $300.
and its only a matter of time until hicap mags get in the pipe.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:28:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Let me know on the rifle. I'll pay you a finders fee if I get it at that price.

Need for another Ak-103 conversion

location? im me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#4]
The price n the 12ga is probably a mistake. If it isnt, you should definately buy it. If you dont want it, send me their phone number and I'll buy it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:03:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Let me know on the rifle. I'll pay you a finders fee if I get it at that price.

Need for another Ak-103 conversion

location? im me.

Hrm... Would the finder's fee be $200 for the shotgun? Of course, as part of the "finding" process, I would also "find" the nearest range a box or two of 7.62x39mm ammo too.

The price tag on the rifle definitely said $229, and that's before adding tax. I didn't get a look at the shotgun's price tag, but the lady who runs the pawn shop looked at it and said it would be just about $200 even with tax included.

I'd have to store it at a friend's house until my first chance to take it home if I ever did have the money to buy it, since I live in the dorms.

I love this town. We've got a Wal-Mart, a gun store, a pawn shop that specializes in guns, a Hastings, and a dozen restaurants within walking distance of the university. Not including the restaurant and Starbucks (I hate coffee, but many others love it) on the campus itself.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:04:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The price n the 12ga is probably a mistake. If it isnt, you should definately buy it. If you dont want it, send me their phone number and I'll buy it.

Heck no, I got dibs. I've been wanting a Saiga 12-gauge for years, and I finally found one for a sane price.

I don't have any money to buy it with, but at least it's going for a sane price.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:41:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Well new ones are $400, and they just slowed up distribution because of illegally short barrels. If you can get a nice used one for $200 you should be at their door when they open with a credit card or something. Hurry up and buy.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:46:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well new ones are $400, and they just slowed up distribution because of illegally short barrels. If you can get a nice used one for $200 you should be at their door when they open with a credit card or something. Hurry up and buy.

Yep, sell plasma and text books, beg, borrow, steal.....

I'd sell text books to afford the shotgun, but if I paid $50 to get the book then they'll give me $10 back for it. Not gonna work.

762hurts wanted to know where he could grab the rifle and I IM'ed him to post in the thread if he seriously wanted it, but I think he thought I was serious about my "finders fee" being the cost of the shotgun.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top