Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/15/2006 2:12:20 PM EDT
Ok guys-up until now my plan has been to buy an Arsenal SLR-105 (which I did about a month ago) and an RRA M4gery. It should please all of you to know that the Darkside has swayed me, and I'm now considering abandoning the RRA in favor of some type of AK. So I need suggestions; at the moment I am thinking of putting the cash towards some kind of RPK, a build or maybe an Arsenal if I can find one. I need other ideas. I don't care what you suggest, just keep the price at no more than $1000...$1500 max. Thanks

Jeff
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Send it to me, I'll send you a surprise.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Arsenal Sa m7r and a Kobra or a SA M-7 SF. Thats how I would spend 1K.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Send it to me, I'll send you a surprise.

wow, cool idea. I go to community college, so sometimes things slip by me
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#4]
SBR'd AKS-74U
I'm trying to live vicariously through others.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Get 10 parts kits for @$1000,then all the tooling to build.You might even have the cash left for a
parking setup.

PETman
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#6]
crap, I should have mentioned something: live in Michigan, so no SBRs. Pretty gay, really chops down your options.

So I just got off the phone with Chris at AKUSA (great guy), thought since he's helped me in the past he might have some suggestions about how to get rid of my $1000. He suggested a custom built Tantal, something that had never occured to me. Honestly, they are pretty frickin cool. Only thing I wouldn't like is that I just got my first 5.45, and I wonder if it might be smarter to get something in a different caliber, just to mix it up a bit.

If anyone has pics of Tantals, post'em!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:11:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Krebs KTR

thumb safety selector

great accuracy

rails

longer site distance

AR type sites
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Buy my Krebs KTR-03V   223 with 15 mags.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Krebs does make some nice rifles, but I'm kind of undecided about the KTR. I'm a bit of a purist, and that rifle is almost too high tech for me......AKs should be simple, IMHO of course.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:23:09 PM EDT
[#10]
i would suggest you send the money to me. IM me if your interested
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
i would suggest you send the money to me. IM me if your interested

going to use it towards that mail-order bride you've been wanting?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:46:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Buy the standard Arsenal SAM7. With the left over money, buy 10-20 magazines and as much ammunition as you can.

I just put in an order to Sportsmans Guide for AK ammo. The ship date is listed as 5/28. Put the order in, they don't bill untill it ships.

You should never be disapointed with your large ammunition purchase. Worst case senario, you can sell it for what you paid.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top