Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 4:51:20 PM EDT
So, the big brown truck showed up today with a Valentine's present for me - my rifles back from Josh Newton!

I suck at pictures, but here's a pic of all three of them:

One Norinco 56S-1 Underfolder.  I put the plum furniture on it a few months before I sent it to Josh, but it's always had some rust on it ever since I bought it.

Two Norinco NHM-91's.  I bought one of them as my first AK, with a Choate buttstock and ATI forearm.  The second one I picked up for a steal at a gun show about a year later.

The first one had a goofy rail on the dustcover, missing the original, so I picked up a pair of ribbed dustcovers for both of them.  K-Var plum furniture and an RSA FCG in both, along with a Bulgarian windage-adjustable rear sight.

Josh did all the 922(r) conversion work on the NHM's, and refinished all three rifles into a completely badass matte black GunKote.  He blackened the carriers, which just adds to the overall package.

The NHM's don't have anything on the muzzle, yet, but I'm debating a Phoenix hider for the both of them - we'll see.

THANK YOU, JOSH!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:55:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Those look very nice. How much did it cost per gun to refinish? Can he work with already assembled pieces (your parts kit installed onto your receiver) or is it better to send them in disassembled?

Gosh that underfolder looks nice.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll let Josh post here on pricing.  I don't know if he'll be accepting any new work or not - hopefully, once things get finished and squared away, he'll be able to do some more builds!

As far as partially assembled stuff, in the past, he's been great on just about anything - most partially built stuff ends up being cheaper for you, if he doesn't have to do the work.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Where did you buy the Windage Sight ??  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:36:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Where did you buy the Windage Sight ??  

I want one too!  Where'd you get it and how much?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
K-VAR

Yessir, and thank you!

Glad to see they're back in stock - need to pick me up a couple more of them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:30:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:11:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn ,surprisingly i really do like those guncoated norincos.......gives me some ideas!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:22:55 PM EDT
[#10]
a.) Get ch139 to shoot your pics.

b.) WTF haven't you brought them up here?!?  I've got nothing to do at work today!!!

c.)  Nice X3.

d.)  /trying not to hate.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:05:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine arrived the other day, but the exporter forgot to put holes in the crate.

Looks like more fertilizer for the garden.  hinking.gif
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Got to see kythri's rifles in person yesterday, very nice.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:14:18 PM EDT
[#13]
It looks like the one at the bottom has an RPK reciever, didn't know they came that way.

Nice rifles!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It looks like the one at the bottom has an RPK reciever, didn't know they came that way.

Nice rifles!

Bad picture, it's a shadow/reflection.

Straight AKM-style receiver.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:32:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes, you need better pics.

The plum furniture and day desert camo just... clashes.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:45:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Yes, you need better pics.

The plum furniture and day desert camo just... clashes.

Sorry about that, Carson Kressley.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top