Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/13/2006 11:41:58 AM EDT
I am looking for an AK for kinda cheap...

I've looked at WASR-10s and like them but have also heard that they are not all that great.  

What about SAR-1s??  I found one for $479 on the net and wanted to know how good they are?  

I am looking to stay around the $500 range.  

Any suggestions would be great.  Thanks in advance.

Sigma
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#1]
If you can't find one you like here you're not trying...
www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/listview.asp?CatId=2
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:36:07 PM EDT
[#2]
You should be able to find a very good AK for $500.
Have you checked local gun shops?
In my area there's a couple shops that specialize in AK variants.  Very fair prices too.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:08:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info

I was looking at this one but not sure yet if I wanna do the internet thing.  

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/expand.asp?Prodid=233

So what do you guys think of WASR-10s?  

I want it to be accurate and reliable
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:30:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Go to a gun show. Period.

Look for a JoeKen build. JoeKen firearms has a horrible reputation online, but if you see one of his finished guns in person, it is a work of art. For $390 you can get a Romanian AK built on a US made reciever. These guns are more accurate and durable than most Romanian AKs- the reason is that Romaina uses a 1.0mm reciever, whereas the reciever that JoeKen builds his guns on is 1.6mm- thicker and it buckles less when firing. Additionally, the JoeKen AK that I saw was much cooler- it had a original Romanian pistol grip (legal as the US reciever covered the other compliance part) and a front pistol grip, which felt nice to me.

So these JoeKen guns are cool looking, cheap, reliable, durable, and nice to own. DO NOT BUY ONE ONLINE though, for some reason his online reputation is horrible.

PS- I did not get the JoeKen AK because I got me a Polytech. Way better than 99% of the AKs out there... but also cost about $900-1,000.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top