Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 8:00:09 AM EDT
I have narrowed it down to an atlantic arms build (vector or global trades built one), a vepr, or maybee a used sar-1, mak, or older arsenal model (slr-93 and slr-95)

I dont want a rifle with any cant, selector gap issues ( i know they function properly but it would bug the shit out of me), functions flawlessly, and has full mil-spec heat treated reciever.

Milled or stamped makes no diffence to me, I dont want a folder, "traditional" appearance doesnt mean anything to me, and either a muzzle brake or flash hider to protect the crown of the weapon, and synthetic furniture (no wood).

I want to stay under $600, I am guessing that I should probably just buy a vepr, but I am open to suggestions to save money and get the features I want.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:14:44 AM EDT
[#1]
get a used arsenal, a vector, or buy a kit and send it to a builder.  you can get a lot of AK for 6 bills
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:41:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
get a used arsenal, a vector, or buy a kit and send it to a builder.  you can get a lot of AK for 6 bills

Arnt some of the vectors built on OOW recievers which are not fully heat treated and have the receiver gap issues?

Correct me if I am wrong but the vectors built on the global trades/ armory usa reciever are fully heat treated and dont have the receiver gap issues.

If you get a vector can you specify that it was built on a global trades receiver?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:46:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Good advice. Don't forget looking into a Vepr.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd buy a kit and send it to a builder. That way you can spec everything that you want, and it will come in for less than buying a factory built. Use a Romy kit. They're real nice quality kits, except for the wood, and only cost $109 + shipping
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:49:18 AM EDT
[#5]
The VEPR's are nice but I understand that 7.62 models are backordered until April or May.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:03:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Yugo M70B2 Underfolder.........

You'll like it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'd buy a kit and send it to a builder. That way you can spec everything that you want, and it will come in for less than buying a factory built. Use a Romy kit. They're real nice quality kits, except for the wood, and only cost $109 + shipping

Can you recommend a source for a romy kit and a reputable builder to assemble one?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I would recommend looking at the Vectors.  They are well built, accurate, and reliable.  They also carry a 5 year warranty on them.  

Ron
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:20:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I would recommend looking at the Vectors.  They are well built, accurate, and reliable.  They also carry a 5 year warranty on them.  

Ron

But can i be guaranteed that a vector wont have the receiver gap issue and have a fully heat treated receiver?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ron

But can i be guaranteed that a vector wont have the receiver gap issue and have a fully heat treated receiver?

Order from Atlantic and request a Global Trades/Armory receiver.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#11]
If you can find one, I would suggest a SA M-7 from Arsenal.
You can't go wrong with this. Built like a tank, eats anything you can feed it, doesn't mind being mistreated, runs 100% with little maintance, you get the picture.
There are a couple for sale now at the EE
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top