Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/12/2006 7:50:33 PM EDT
Started my first build... Its a crap kit I got from a local vender that I am making look half nice. Its turning out great so far! All the parts will get a coating of Moly-Ressin before assembly, andthen the whole gun will get a finish coat.

I took some pictures of the parts after sandblasting.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Bee Aye You Tiful!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:13:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Off to a flying start.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:36:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Is that  Yugo M70 underfolder?  Why'd you call it a crap kit?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:01:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is that  Yugo M70 underfolder?  Why'd you call it a crap kit?

Probably because a lot of them out there have crap barrels and horrible finishes. I've got one too that is in need of some TLC when I get around to it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#5]
The finish was SANDED off by hand and some 200 grit or something. Rear sight was bent, Chamber has burs and nicks to the point that I can't chamber a round by hand, Top wood was cracked in half, Its missing most of the small needed parts. Underfolder was bent...

I WILL make this thing shoot. and I WILL make this thing look good!!!

I was going to take it back but I have two almost perfect M-70 underfolders kits ready to be built after this one. If I can make this one work, I can make any kit work.

here is my original thread about the kit as I got it.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=81002
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top