Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 11:31:12 AM EDT
I am thinking about hopping in the car to go buy and Arsenal SA M-7 Carbine.  I am new to AK's so I thought I should probably float a few questions out to this forum before I part with my money.  This model comes with a 14mm barrel threads and a muzzle nut.  What is involved with adding a compensator/hider?  I haven't come across any US made compensators/hiders so I am wondering if this will screw up the part count.  Anybody know which parts in this particular Arsenal model are US made?  Also, it would be nice to have the option of adding a scope and/or a folding stock later on...any thoughts on what is involved with this process (i.e. part costs, feasibilty, compliance part issues)?

Thanks for your input.  I am trying to balance the desire to go buy a new toy today vs. waiting for some of the "coming soon" models that come standard with some of the items I am looking for.  Anybody know when the SA M-7, SA-M7 R, and SLR-107 and 108 are actually going to be available?

One last question...what is a reasonable price for an Arsenal SA M-7 Carbine?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#1]
The threads would be LH 14x1 and US slant brakes, compensators and flash hiders are readily available.  You just push in the detent pin and unscrew it in the reverse direction you would if it was regular right hand threads.  You then just thread the new one on.  Takes one minute.

I have an Arsenal rifle, though not that model.  3 US parts for the furniture, 3 for the fire control group which all should be marked as such.  The muzzle nut from Arsenal is most likely a US part but it may not be.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top