Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 6:11:29 PM EDT
Howdy all,

Just picked up my new gunbroker RPK. It's a beaut!!! Well,untill I clambered a round.
I can't work the action to release the bullet without using alot of force (sometimes a rubber malet)
The pic shows the furthest piont I can pullback without using this force. Also the round is all nicked up and the primer is dented (mild).
The reciever is a Aesenal SLR100. I traded out the Bolt, carrier and spring with my proven SLR101S. Same problems. So where do I begin fixing? Any and all insite welcome.
Thanks!

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd shoot it and it'll work out its issues or maim you...Either way you'll come to a conclusion.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'd shoot it and it'll work out its issues or maim you...Either way you'll come to a conclusion.

I second this motion!

p.s. get video
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:02:40 PM EDT
[#3]
It is a 7.62 right?  Not a 5.45.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:34:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Check the chamber for a separated case.
Might be a piece of case neck stuck in the chamber.

At least it looks good.

KyARGuy

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:16:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Send it to me ... I'll oil it - Load it and shoot it

I'll get it back to ya sometime this year ...

Sweet ...
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:35:12 AM EDT
[#6]
looks like theres somethang in the barrel
clean and oil it

also you cant change the bolt on it that needs to stay

btw NICE rifle
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:12:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I had this happen to an sks I was borrowing.  I never tryed just shooting it so I am not sure if that would work.  I dont know if he ever found out what the problem was.  Have you talked to a gs yet?  Hope everything works out
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#8]
The RPK bolt and carrier are different than the standard AK.  They would have to have been modified.  I put my RPK bolt into my milled receiver and what you have pictured is a far as I could close it.

But your Slr101 bolt did the same.    Is the receiver bent?  Do you have to use as much force closing the bolt as opening it?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The RPK bolt and carrier are different than the standard AK.  They would have to have been modified.  I put my RPK bolt into my milled receiver and what you have pictured is a far as I could close it.

But your Slr101 bolt did the same.    Is the receiver bent?  Do you have to use as much force closing the bolt as opening it?

No whiskey tonight. Yes the bolt and carrier are different. I lubed the hell out of everything. This gun is unfired and DRY, I mean DRY! Forword motion is/was smooth. Now it closes all the way. Cycling easier but still stiff. No mallet, just manchicken. Bullets still marked up. Taking her out in the a.m. for a round or fifty.

Sorry, no video. However if I'm maimed, pics will be posted
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:37:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No whiskey tonight. Yes the bolt and carrier are different. I lubed the hell out of everything. This gun is unfired and DRY, I mean DRY! Forword motion is/was smooth. Now it closes all the way. Cycling easier but still stiff. No mallet, just manchicken. Bullets still marked up. Taking her out in the a.m. for a round or fifty.

Sorry, no video. However if I'm maimed, pics will be posted

Cool.  Just sounds tight.   HOw much did it cost? All matching kit?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:08:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know if the kit is matching. I'm a novice in this field. Questions I should have asked but didn't. I also don't know who built it. I was looking for an Arsenal RPK7. When I saw this, I jumped. Yeah it looks GREAT, the field will determine. My drunken stuper of last night has been replaced with optimism today. I paid 1200.00. A little more than I wanted. But the deals I've gotten resently justify it....If is works! Which I now think it will.
I've gotten a few helpful hint from a few of you via IM. We'll see
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Check the bullet guide rivet and see if there is a nick on it, then check the bolt looking at the face and see if there is a nick on the bottom left side of the bolt (the part that strips the round) Let me know. Mario  Piece of History Firearms Tucson, Az   www.pieceofhistoryfirearms.com
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top