Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 10:32:32 AM EDT
I have a patient that is an importer/exporter from Hungary. He was leaving for Hungary before Christmas and I told him as a joke to look for some AK's while there. Well, he got back today and said that he found them

He said that one type he found there are 700 peices and the other type is an "endless amount". He doesn't know ANYTHING about guns and just wrote down "AK-ANSF" with 7.62 next to it. He said he has an importer friend who is licensed to deal in firearms and could bring them in the States.

What's the story with the barrel ban and what the hell is in an AK-ANSF????

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#1]
<---Not an expert.
It's complex, he'd have to get import forms from the ATF and then they'd have to be demilled by cutting the receivers.
Never heard of that variant.
Not sure what the status is on the barrel ban.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I would contact www.kbi-inc.com who imported past Hungarian AK's.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Illegal. No guns can be imported that take assault magazines.

-WASRs come in single stack and are widened.

-Saiga rifles do not take AK mags, but their own different type.

-VEPR rifles do not take AK mags.

If the reciever is cut, boom, its a parts kit. No barrel. If it is a complete gun, it can't take AK mags and can't be full auto- then also has to be modified to comply with 922(r).
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:11:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Illegal. No guns can be imported that take assault magazines.

-WASRs come in single stack and are widened.

-Saiga rifles do not take AK mags, but their own different type.

-VEPR rifles do not take AK mags.

If the reciever is cut, boom, its a parts kit. No barrel. If it is a complete gun, it can't take AK mags and can't be full auto- then also has to be modified to comply with 922(r).

These would come in as parts not guns.  Barrels will likely be near smooth-bore anyway.  Find a barrel manufacturer and your in business.

Tell your friend to contact who he needs to get clearence and licensing and see what per unit price he can get there.  Thier is a demand for AKs.  Underfolders in particular.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:13:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

These would come in as parts not guns.  Barrels will likely be near smooth-bore anyway.  Find a barrel manufacturer and your in business.

Tell your friend to contact who he needs to get clearence and licensing and see what per unit price he can get there.  Thier is a demand for AKs.  Underfolders in particular.

You understood what I was posting... that's why I made the comment about the barrel ban. The problem is what the hell is the ANSF model? If it's just like the Hungarian FEG kits, not much interest unless we can get them for $30-$40 per unit.

Does ANYBODY have a clue what a ANSF is?????

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:25:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:19:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Stupid I know.

"Sporting rifles" can take high capacity mags that cannot be used in machine guns and not have to be 922(r) compliant. If you buy a new 7.62x39mm Saiga rifle, and stick a 30 round Saiga mag in it, it is legal as that is a sporting magazine, the Saiga 30 round mag will not work in an AK-47. However, if you bring in a Saiga and mod it to take AK mags, boom, needs to have no more than 10 imported parts.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top