Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 3:53:34 PM EDT
Centerfire or akparts.com or ?

What I really need are great bore, matching numbers, and nice handguards.  

Edit: I've been searching on three boards trying to find out about recent orders...so honk or post if you got one from either recently, or another source I don't know about.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:23:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one from CFS about two months ago I guess (hand select) and it was friggin' brand new. Mint. Well worth the chips IMHO.

YMMV
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:12:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine arrived from CFS last week and had the "Made in Hungary" sticker on the stock. It looks just as nice as the unfired Romy kits I got from DPH.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:45:39 PM EDT
[#3]
OOps, corrected. I ordered from AK parts as they also had Yugo slings. I will post detailed info.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:09:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Mine arrived from CFS last week and had the "Made in Hungary" sticker on the stock. It looks just as nice as the unfired Romy kits I got from DPH.

you got lucky the one I got and the one my friend got look like shit and well used even with the hand select  none of them look like the unfired romy kits IMO
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Kit from AKParts.com - I would assess, from internal wear compared to new AKs I have worn in myself, that this may have been fired, the bolt carrier was racked a bit, it was carried, and there is oil in the stock, but very few real dings and chips - finish is not pristine like my AMD63 but it's really just carry and handling wear.  Also, a correct, new Yugo AK sling!  I am pleased.

As you note from the trigger guard and selector stop, the demil was very clean, with matching trunnion, bolt, carrier, top cover, and recoil spring assembly!  Bore is chrome lined and excellent.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:04:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Odda Loop, is that a NEW style Yugo sling? Cause all the Yugo slings I have ever seen have a wide clasp that clips on.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:58:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't know, but having handled other web gear over there, the color and metal tip are consistent with other Yugo web gear.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:07:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Thats interesting. The 2 slings that I have for my Yugos, the clasps are a lil different but still they clip on and they are wide. Maybe that sling you have is the correct one for the M93's and thus the clip?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:15:23 AM EDT
[#9]
That looks like the type of sling that came with my Yugo M92 "Krink" kits, not like the one used on M70 rifles.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top