Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 7:04:54 AM EDT
This dealer in Utah has some with more to come.   http://www.fbmginc.com/

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:20:35 AM EDT
[#1]
What the hell is a bonded warehouse?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:33:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Importers often use bonded warehouses to house products in the U.S. before the items paperwork is complete and before the items go through customs.  When the ATF announced the enforcement of the "barrel ban", many importers were sitting on product stored in bonded warehouses.  The importers pleaded with ATF for the extension of the barrel ban cut off date so they could have an opportunity to get paperwork approval on product that was already paid for and sitting here in the U.S.  One of the many reasons the date went from Sept to Jan.  

Lois
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:44:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Is it like, special security? Is a bonded warehouse where importers store their merchandise/ select fire weapons?

Physically, what makes a bonded warehouse different than any other warehouse?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:14:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I am sure that there are some slight differences, but not significant. The main difference is the goods are on US soil, but not through customs. Because of this, careful documentation must be kept of goods in/out.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:36:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I got a call from one of my distributors yesterday and they just got Saigas in. They had .223, .308 and .410s in and expected 7.62x39s today. Mine are supposed to ship Friday.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:57:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is it like, special security? Is a bonded warehouse where importers store their merchandise/ select fire weapons?

IIRC, a bonded warehouse is treated like foreign property, i.e. you can have a warehouse full of AK's that need to be demilled and that is not breaking the law.  They also store goods there for inspection prior to being released into the country. Bonded warehouses are usually located at ports so they can offload the ships, inspect/legalize the property, and then are shipped wherever they are going.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You've never seen Beverly Hills Cops have you?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:26:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats the first thing that came to my mind when I saw "Bonded warehouse"
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats the first thing that came to my mind when I saw "Bonded warehouse"

That's how I learned what a bonded wharehouse is. I even started chewing gum in foil wrappers thanks to Axle.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:44:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#11]
There's also a dealer in KY who's advertising "Russian American Armory" Saigas on gunbroker, as well as confirmation from another member here that RSR Wholesaler has gotten some in and is making them available to dealers.

The famine, indeed, appears to be over...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:35:39 PM EDT
[#12]
If you have a really, really big soundproof warehouse, could you shoot the F/As in there before conversion to semi-auto parts kits?

Whats that ATF? Yes, of course this is a full auto that is illegal to have in the US... but this warehoue is ROMANIA soil biatch!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:50:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I got a call from one of my distributors yesterday and they just got Saigas in. They had .223, .308 and .410s in and expected 7.62x39s today. Mine are supposed to ship Friday.

any word on when they will get a 7.62's with a 20in. barrel?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am sure that there are some slight differences, but not significant. The main difference is the goods are on US soil, but not through customs. Because of this, careful documentation must be kept of goods in/out.

Maybe wrong, but I thought that was called a "free trade zone"
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top