Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 3:13:18 PM EDT
How long should I expect to wait if I order a polytech part online or is it better to call and order? Anybody got there # handy ? Is there somewhere else I can get original poly parts? Thanks for the info, Hammer Over
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:07:27 PM EDT
[#1]
They're not accepting any telephone calls for technical assistance, product inquiries or warranty information.  You have to e-mail them.  Good luck getting a reply!

They don't list a phone number on their website.

Regards,

Bud
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I emailed them last month regarding some parts to deban my MAK-90. Never got a reply.

JoeLad
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Is that the same place as www.polytechparts.com?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes it is the same place Q-gunner2. That's the reason I'm asking 'cause I emailed 'em a couple weeks ago and ain't never heard back. I'm about skeered to order? I was hoping that someone who orders from them regular would respond. Hammer...Over
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I have ordered from them once before.   It took about five days to get the goods.  I believe they charge actually shipping IIRC.  I would hessitate to order from them again.  Hope it helps.

vato
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:56:58 PM EDT
[#6]
JCHammer,

It's like a member on the board here once said,  "if a company doesn't respond to an e-mail when you're interested in purchasing an item, how responsive will they be if you have a problem?"

Bud
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Polytech is alive and well. They had my m.o. in hand one day and it was 8 working days later when the order hit my porch. Everything, just as I had on my list was right there, packed nice,and that stuff just makes it like Christmas.Packing list, everything, right down to the muzzle break pins was there all nice and bagged. I'd say, I'm guessin, that they are operateing with very few employees and it takes a little more time. I'd give 'em a try. Get your part numbers and description on a list and do the plastic thing or send 'em a m.o. with your list. Patience is a virtue and a watched pot never boilsMadtechcool
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I've ordered from them with no problem.

Also emailed them once and got a response.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:53:56 PM EDT
[#9]
As far as I know its just the old man and his wife running the business.  Got my vented upper handguard for my wasr from them, good folks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:46:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've ordered from them with no problem.

Also emailed them once and got a response.

Same here. All the e-mails that I've sent have gotten a reply, maybe same day, maybe next day, but I did get a response every time. Always been Chloe[sp] that replys. At least they don't do the ripoff deal on shipping like most places. Anything $200.00 or less-$7.00 to ship. Can't be beat. At least it's one mom and pop business that Wally World hasn't shut down. Gotta keep 'em goin' guys. At least they try. As for phone calls, it's a bitch to try and work when that damn phone is ringin' off the hook.Madtechcool
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:29:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Does Polytechparts gets new parts in from China, or are they selling whats left in stock?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:31:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Does Polytechparts gets new parts in from China, or are they selling whats left in stock?

I believe they are selling what left.  I think that it was part of the favored nation agreement China and the US signed in the mid 90s that military weapons and acessories could no longer be imported from China.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Ordered a barrell assy. Arrived in 6 days ,packed professionally........brand new . Nice Barrell. Would do business again.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, I put in a small order via the website today and they sent me an email that it had been recieved. Let's see what happens now! Hammerp.s... I will report back for you Guys who wanna know!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I've done 3 orders, all original Chinese parts.  Arrived in a timely manner, last order was over the holidays, took 2 weeks.  I'll order again as need arises.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#16]
I guess I'll have to try again!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Ok, for those of you who want to know. Received my small order yesterday, Sat. 2-18-06 that was submitted on 2-6-06. The order was correct and was rec. 2 days after my card was billed. Basically you can expect a two week wait so if you are not in a hurry everythings good! IMO
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:30:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the update, JC.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#19]
My email inquiry concerened whether their FSB can accept a bayonet, and if the gas chamber will accept a cleaning rod. Still no repsonse. I'll try again, I don't want to roder the parts if thwey're not waht I want.

JoeLad
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:57:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Uhhm, I don't think you will get a response because I think they are just responding to filling orders with a small or no crew. This was mentioned earlier by someone else. I emailed them 3 times with questions and ultimately I had to find out for myself through other sources and then just put the order in for what I needed. Good luck and let us know. Hammer over
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#21]
I just got my ventilated handguard from them.
Delivery was short but then I only live a little ways from them.
Cloe said they just got back from the SHOT show so that may
explain any delay

Just shortened up the ventilated guard to put on my AMD,
Looks Kewl!!
Now that I know where they are I can order and pick up there
as I work only a block away.
They are in the Fulton Industrial Area of Atlanta.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:27:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Now that really does suck. Why couldn't I work a block away from them? Edit to say I am jealous of Tet68 and I hate you ....x 2.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
My email inquiry concerened whether their FSB can accept a bayonet, and if the gas chamber will accept a cleaning rod. Still no repsonse. I'll try again, I don't want to roder the parts if thwey're not waht I want.

JoeLad

The Polytech barrel assys. are brand new barrels, gas block with cleaning rod loop, fsb that has the catch for the rod. The barrels have no gas holes drilled, nothing has been drilled and pinned in place. You don't get any pins and the gas block and fsb has pilot holes to drill the pin holes. The barrel is threaded in the normal 14x1lh thread with a muzzle protector screwed on it. At the price that they are, they're worth buying one just for the parts.Madtechcool
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top