Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 10:25:27 AM EDT
Hi Guys,

If this is in the wrong place and needs to be moved to the variant section under Yugo AKs, I trust the Moderators will help me out. I don't spend too much time in the AK side since I don't have one. I plan on fixing that problem.

I was on AIM's website and noticed this ad a couple days ago. I tried to make the whole picture and add hot, but all I could do was finally copy and paste the writing. Sorry.

I would greatly apprceciate some knowledgeable input on the quality and function of this AK. Like who actually makes it? Are they quality parts? Chrome lined barrel? What kind of warranty? Does it accept all high cap mags?

Basically, is it junk or not? Is it worth the price? I've always wanted to get one and this seemed like a pretty decent deal.

I tried talking to the nice person on the phone, but didn't get much. Only that it had a new stamped receiver by DC Industries and was assembled by DC Industries.

Anyway, any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AK-M70AB2 Yugoslavian AK M70AB2 7.62x39 Under-Folder Rifle

New Yugoslavian AK style M70AB2 Semi Automatic 7.62x39 Rifle with Under-folding Stock. Built using Original High Quality Yugoslavian parts. These Rifles feature New manufactured Heavy Duty US made receivers and New US Barrels. This Rifle has the best Fit and Finish of any AK type Rifle we have seen, very solid and well built. Includes accessories and magazines as pictured.

Sorry Out of Stock! TO PRE-ORDER PLEASE CALL TOLL FREE 888-748-5252  

Price:   $399.95

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Illinois? That gun is not accessible to you I thought?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Illinois? That gun is not accessible to you I thought?

Fortunately for us, when the Federal AWB expired in 9/04, we were able to regain the freedom of enjoying non-nuetered rifles just like most other states. For the time being we who live in Illinois can still purchase most rifles.

The down side is we have a CESSPOOL in our state called Chicago. The anti-gun dictator that runs this place, Mayor Richard Daley, along with our illustrious governor Rod Blagojevich and the rest of their anti-gun minions, both Democrat and Republican, have been trying to ram a AWB down our throats since the federal ban expired. Also, they are the only reason we can't get CCW in our state, one of only four that doesn't have it.

Thanks to Chicago with all of the corruption that it emits, their gang-bangers, criminals, rapist, and all of the negative gun grabbing views they have upstate, those of us south of I-80 and our fellow brothers caught behind the lines, have been fighting for our 2nd amendment rights for years.

It's a never ending battle that we are constantly fighting.

I will say that if you live in a state that has good firearm laws and respect the 2nd amendment, be thankful.  

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:14:22 PM EDT
[#5]
The rifle in question IS NOT ASSEMBLED by DCI. The rifle is a product of Century International Arms. The receiver as part of the rifle is made by DCI.

There are lots of discussion threads about this rifle on this board and other AK-related boards. Generally the reviews have been positive.

This is definitely one of the hotter selling rifles for 2006.

Harlan
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Harlan, thanks for the clearification.  Your receivers sure do look nice on these M70ABs.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I will post when i get mine, it shipped on thursday from AIM. (thinking mon. or tues.)

Off topic: I shot my new (used) Maadi today, and it was awsome.  The 75rd Chinese flip open loader drum is so freaking cool.  Recoil was less then the SAR-1 I used to have, possibly because of the slant brake.  The quality of it is about as good as my 2002 SAR-2 when compared side to side.  Shot about 250 rounds, hitting gongs out to 300 yards easily.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got one of these on the way. It's MY FIRST AK!!!

I can't wait.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:13:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hi Guys,

If this is in the wrong place and needs to be moved to the variant section under Yugo AKs, I trust the Moderators will help me out. I don't spend too much time in the AK side since I don't have one. I plan on fixing that problem.

I was on AIM's website and noticed this ad a couple days ago. I tried to make the whole picture and add hot, but all I could do was finally copy and paste the writing. Sorry.

I would greatly apprceciate some knowledgeable input on the quality and function of this AK. Like who actually makes it? Are they quality parts? Chrome lined barrel? What kind of warranty? Does it accept all high cap mags?

Basically, is it junk or not? Is it worth the price? I've always wanted to get one and this seemed like a pretty decent deal.

I tried talking to the nice person on the phone, but didn't get much. Only that it had a new stamped receiver by DC Industries and was assembled by DC Industries.

Anyway, any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AK-M70AB2 Yugoslavian AK M70AB2 7.62x39 Under-Folder Rifle

New Yugoslavian AK style M70AB2 Semi Automatic 7.62x39 Rifle with Under-folding Stock. Built using Original High Quality Yugoslavian parts. These Rifles feature New manufactured Heavy Duty US made receivers and New US Barrels. This Rifle has the best Fit and Finish of any AK type Rifle we have seen, very solid and well built. Includes accessories and magazines as pictured.

Sorry Out of Stock! TO PRE-ORDER PLEASE CALL TOLL FREE 888-748-5252  

Price:   $399.95

Do a serach, there are anywhere between 3-7 active threads at any one time with people asking the exact same question as you.

Long sotry short, a good build at an excellent price.  I have one and it aws well worth the money.  An accurate rifle, too.  About the only downsdie compared to other AK's is the lack of a chrome-lined barrel, but the original Yugo AK's did not have chrome lined barrels either (it has a replacement U.S. made barrel whihc is good to go.)

Other nice features are  it uses a hefty RPK style receiver, and the Yugo style pistol grip is extremly comofrtable and ergonomic.  Bonus points for flip up grenade launcher sight and flip up (nonfunctional) night sights.  

About the only downside is that the parts ona Yugo AK won't interchange with a 'rigular' AK save for the muzzle brake, pistol grip, and fire control group.  But then again it is an AK, so it will never break!

I will have mine down at Buffalo Range on Feb 18th if you would like to see it.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:04:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been really happy with mine so far.  However, I did pay more than the $399 for it, which has me kinda bummed at the moment...

My only complaints with mine are the handguards have shot loose within the first range trip.  I've been able to shim the lower handguard to prevent that from shaking.  Also I need to pick up a parts kit as I'm obsessive/compulsive about having spare parts around...

Otherwise it runs like a top, gets minute of man accuracy at 100 yards and likes to be double tapped.  The slant brake does do a pretty good job keeping things on target in rapid strings, but I'd really like to get a 74 style brake for it at some point...  

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:42:40 AM EDT
[#11]
tag
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top