Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/5/2006 9:42:06 AM EDT
I've been wanting an AK for awhile now, have been doing a little research and lurking in here and telling myself when a good deal cme along I'd snag it up.  So the day came the other day and this GP WASR-10 followed me home to join the collection.  Came with all the accesories you would expect.  I shot it yesterday, and it was great!  

One question, how do I adjust the windage?  Do I use a punch and hammer like on a Mosin?  It shoots about 4 inches to the right at 100.  

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:48:15 AM EDT
[#1]
No, there's a tiny C-clamp type AK front sight adjuster you should have.  You can get them for like 10-12 dollars.  The windage adjustments are made on the front sight post.  Just remember since it's the front sight, everything's backwards as opposed to adjusting windage in the rear.

Here's one
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:58:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No, there's a tiny C-clamp type AK front sight adjuster you should have.  You can get them for like 10-12 dollars.  The windage adjustments are made on the front sight post.  Just remember since it's the front sight, everything's backwards as opposed to adjusting windage in the rear.

Here's one

On my mosin, I used a small vice clamp with a few washers.  I think I'll try the same thing.  I was just wondering if something came in the cleaning kit that was used to adjust the windage.  I figured out the front site post tool.  I had to use that.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:46:43 PM EDT
[#3]

It shoots about 4 inches to the right at 100.

That's one thing about Jarheads....they can shoot!

Welcome to the darkside!!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#4]
2 very nice rifles.  Can't have one witout the other... Congrads. WarDawg
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the help, I used a clamp and a socket and got the front site to move with no problem.  

One more question, how do I tell what year the rifle was made?  Anyone know?  Thanks.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:57:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I want to say its the last two digits in the serial number, but I'm not positive on that.

Like 03 would be 2003.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:34:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I want to say its the last two digits in the serial number, but I'm not positive on that.

Like 03 would be 2003.

I'm pretty sure that's not it by looking at the seno.  That would make it pre WWI, or not made yet!  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top