Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 1:27:18 PM EDT
help!....last time i went out to shoot my wasr it jammed like 15 times...it wasent really jaming,it was not closing all the way.....this is really bugging me...any sugestions would help.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:38:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Try taking the top cover and spring off, remove the bolt and slide the carrier back and forth.  See if it is binding.

Put  the bolt back in the carrier and try again.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:21:54 PM EDT
[#2]
If it is hanging up on the rails, take some lapping compund and work it smooth.

I did this on my Yugo Build, and it is working great now
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:47:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Also if you replaced your gas piston the pin could be loose and stick out sometimes when cycling in and out of battery. It happen to me.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#4]
to add to the above, I have also seen receivers with a slight bur running down the length of the rail (OOW) never seen it on a factory gun though.  BUt you might check to be sure. even a slight bur can cause problems. There shouldn't be much a good lapping and streatching won't fix. Also. you may want to check the transition from lower rails to trunion.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:54:06 AM EDT
[#5]
thanx boys......i will take al thai into concideration......i took it apart lastnight and worked on the rails a bit..it seems to be smoother than before.....i am going out to test today..so we will see.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:34:51 PM EDT
[#6]
i took it out and put 120 rounds through it...it seems as though the magizine is trying to let go of two rounds at the same time....after working on those burs though it only  messed up twice out of all that ammo...
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#7]
try different mags.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top