Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/3/2006 4:31:05 AM EDT
I need a good receiver and don't want to wait for Armory/GT or DCI anymore.  Is there one available that doesn't come from Joe Schmo, doesn't have the selector gap, doesn't have the ser # on the side and is properly heat treated?  I don't want to do a Gun Broker deal either and get someone elses warped receiver they can't return.

I in a conundrum/catch 22!  Do I have to wait if I want it right?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:56:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:58:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I have never had any problems with gunbroker....You just got to read the feedback to see if there are any problems with the seller.
And also e-mail or call to verify that it is IN STOCK ready to ship.
I also don't by someone else'es bastardaztion...Only new receivers.
AS for OOW recivers..The selector hole was an annoance but easily fixed by grinding the selector lever.
No big issues.
I can recomend a seller if you want.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:23:50 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC, I read that the OOW receivers have their logo stamped where you need to put a rivet.  Is this still true?  Also, I checked their website and can't find a link to buy one.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:30:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
IIRC, I read that the OOW receivers have their logo stamped where you need to put a rivet.  Is this still true?  Also, I checked their website and can't find a link to buy one.

the rivet is right next to it on a fixed stock but right in it on an underfolder but who cares about the logo it doesn't efect how it shoots

+1 on the OOW receivers my dealer ordered on the 20th geting it tomorow
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:21:01 PM EDT
[#5]
erased
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#6]
The selector gap has been fixed and the logo moved forward about one inch on the receivers they are selling now.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#7]
You could try one of these....from DCI and NoDakSpud...

We also have a new "economy" AKM receiver available as of Feb. 2nd

It does not have some of the finer details of our forthcoming premium AKM and AK74 receivers, but is made to the same high standards. Like the rest of our products it will be FULLY heat treated 4130 to 40 on the Rockwell "C" scale.

Some of the features it DOES NOT HAVE are:

top rail step-down

laser-cut holes to eliminate stretch at trigger pin hole

lower left rail mag guide

THINGS IT DOES HAVE:

pre-drilled rivet holes for Romanian fixed stock kits

fully heat treated 4130 steel

"S" and "F" selector markings

competitively priced with ground UPS shipping included

NDS-3  "economy" AKM

Qty 1-10:  $55   11-20: $53   21+: $50

CUSTOM SERIAL #s NOT AVAILABLE ON NDS-3 !!!!!!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top