Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/2/2006 3:29:04 PM EDT
guys

came across an ak47, that is almost perfect condition

but the catch is that it only shoots slim 10rd. mags. the guy said it was manufactured a while back and doesn't take the new magazines...

price was $240, wondering if that's a good deal,

also if i would be able to somehow convert it to take larger magazines
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a Romanian WASR-10.

$240 is too high, most sell for $200 or less.

It takes milling and widening of the reciever to make it accept double stack magazines, this can be hard work sometimes and may involve refinishing depending on how you cut it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
guys

came across an ak47, that is almost perfect condition

but the catch is that it only shoots slim 10rd. mags. the guy said it was manufactured a while back and doesn't take the new magazines...

price was $240, wondering if that's a good deal,

also if i would be able to somehow convert it to take larger magazines

Way to high.....you can buy the same rifle in high capacity configuration for $40 more.  Not worth it......offer him $150.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#3]
$150. He bought a lame ass ban version. The only way it's even close to worth it is to get a real good deal on it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#4]
He didn't buy yet. The gun isn't a POS, but they are everywhere and looked down upon because the wood is sometimes not too pretty. I however see no problems with a good Romanian... just don't spend too much.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
He didn't buy yet. The gun isn't a POS, but they are everywhere and looked down upon because the wood is sometimes not too pretty. I however see no problems with a good Romanian... just don't spend too much.

I didn't mean the person posting the question bought a lame ass gun, I meant that the person he's buying it from bought a lame ass gun. If the price is right there is nothing wrong with buying a 10 round maximum capacity magazine. I would probably just spend the extra money and buy a cheap regular capacity AK. www.classicarms.us  Scroll down to the bottom and click on the firearms page. They have AK's without the threaded barrel that accept high capacity magazines for $280 and Threaded barrel AK's with 2 magazines and a bayonett and other stuff for $330.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#7]
At a gun show recently I ran across an Arsenal, milled receiver AK that only accepted single stack mags.  It was priced at $350 and it was late in the afternoon on a Sunday.  I was talking to the guy and he made it plain that he did NOT want to take that rifle home with him.  I didn't buy it but keep wondering if I should have.  I know it's not hard to dremel out the single stack stamped recievers, but have no idea what's involved in doing the same to a milled receiver.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top